GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I wouldn't say no to Debrusk. He would a great fix for the up and down the lineup role and I think he's got more offense in him than he's shown. Kind of like Toffoli with LA.

Marchessault if it's for 1 or 2 years, meh...Pad the stats and sell at the deadline.

That said, those are MB types of moves.

Patrick Kane is way more like Kent Hughes.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013

source.gif

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that one of Marchessault or Perron will join Montreal from free agency. The question is why one?

Perron makes more sense as he will likely accept a shorter term. 2 year deal would be perfect for us.

Reactions: _habsfan9

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
Any winger capable of playing on the top 6 on ideally a 2 years deal. 3 max.

Perron makes a ton of sense, even though I think the guy I would target is Tarasenko.
I agree on Tarasenko.
2x4.5 or 3x4ish

I think there's value in having a respected, experienced, 2-cup winner, Russian winger in the fold to help Dach's progress this year, and ease Demidov the following year.

I was looking at the list of Russian UFAs in the next 2 markets, since we no longer have a single Russian on the roster, and I can't find one that can be more useful to the Habs with a similar flawless reputation.

Still scored 55pts, partly with OTT while the team was in complete disarray, and he's "only" 32. He was ok last year with signing in Canada, don't know how that storyline affects his point of view tomorrow.

I have no other targets, other than Laine if the cost is affordable.

Reactions: jrom

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
What does the rest of it say ?

I'm currently out in the sticks abit and my internet is being stupid and won't load anything but hf and even then it's slow.

Not much. Classic Engels shtick. Stating the evidence (that the roster is bound to change before training camp) and that we're likely to take shots at a second tier scoring UFA on a reasonable term and salary.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that one of Marchessault or Perron will join Montreal from free agency. The question is why one?

Perron makes more sense as he will likely accept a shorter term. 2 year deal would be perfect for us.

It is ?

Sources ? Not that I don't believe you, but In coming off the draft high and have not paid attention whatsoever.

Reactions: Big Lurk

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
I agree on Tarasenko.
2x4.5 or 3x4ish

I think there's value in having a respected, experienced, 2-cup winner, Russian winger in the fold to help Dach's progress this year, and ease Demidov the following year.

I was looking at the list of Russian UFAs in the next 2 markets, since we no longer have a single Russian on the roster, and I can't find one that can be more useful to the Habs with a similar flawless reputation.

Still scored 55pts, partly with OTT while the team was in complete disarray, and he's "only" 32. He was ok last year with signing in Canada, don't know how that storyline affects his point of view tomorrow.

I have no other targets, other than Laine if the cost is affordable.
I’d definitely be down for Tarasenko. Always liked the player, and not only does he have high-end finishing skills, but he’s a stocky MF that won’t get pushed around.

I’d also finally get to use my dream avatar:
IMG_1950.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: DiglettDangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad