GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Id be calling teams to call if you need to make some room for a cap dump.

There isnt a lot on thr market. If you can get paid to help, id do it.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
The current group of young core players I am sure want to start being competitive. I know it's a rebuild but adding a decent piece or 2 doesn't mean the rebuild is over...it just moves the team forward a bit quicker.
You are right.
Lost in all of this is the need for Dach to develop. He needs wingers asap so he can produce and grow.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
If Hugo is able to trade one of Anderson, Dvorak or Gallagher I think he deserves the title of GM of the decade .
He already did the impossible last year by trading the Hoff and received positive assets for him. If The Hoff can get traded anybody can. Dvorak at the very least should be tradeable. I think a stupid GM could bite on the Dumb Donkey in a creative trade as well.

Gallagher needs to be sent home.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Chicago not qualifying Raddysh too. There seems to be a lots of teams not qualifying their RFA whole playing in the NHL last season.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I could see a David Perron in Montreal on a slight overpay short contract. Or another winger on the same kind of contract. Hard to imagine anything else... Maybe a depth vet defenseman?

The only get I see is a top-6 capable winger on a short term deal. Don't think the need is there for a vet depth D with Kovacevic still with us.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I could see a David Perron in Montreal on a slight overpay short contract. Or another winger on the same kind of contract. Hard to imagine anything else... Maybe a depth vet defenseman?
I've seen a few posts from Fig fans over the past few weeks thinking Perron may be a good pickup for the Figs because he apparently loved playing for Berube so that does make some sense for a win now team like the Figs.

I'm not expecting much from the Habs in regards to UFA signings expect maybe a short term depth signing or 2 but who really knows and we could get surprised but not expecting it.

Should still be a fun day tomorrow though with all the crazy money that's going to be tossed around, which some of these GM's will likely regret 2 or 3 years down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad