Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season - Complete without a great title in keeping with the performance

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
How did they score so many runs during the regular season? Their lineup other than Judge and Soto seems underwhelming.
Their lineup outside of Judge and Soto is underwhelming. They have arguably the two best hitters in the league, and nothing else impressive. It strikes me as a high-risk/high-reward way of constructing a lineup because all it takes is a short slump for one or both of their stars and they have little else to keep them afloat.

They had two guys in the lineup last night who were at least as bad as Biggio this year.

Having said that... the Royals lineup isn't exactly scary. I see they're going full Alcides Escobar with Mikael Garcia in the leadoff spot still.

Last edited:

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Luis Tiant, charismatic Cuban who pitched Red Sox to brink of title, dies at 83

Theirs a pitcher to remember. His big turn around windup.
RIP EL TIANTE.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Their lineup outside of Judge and Soto is underwhelming. They have arguably the two best hitters in the league, and nothing else impressive. It strikes me as a high-risk/high-reward way of constructing a lineup because all it takes is a short slump for one or both of their stars and they have little else to keep them afloat.

They had two guys in the lineup last night who were at least as bad as Biggio this year.

Having said that... the Royals lineup isn't exactly scary. I see their going full Alcides Escobar with Mikael Garcia in the leadoff spot still.

Looking at the Roylas lineup it got me thinking, who would you take for next year: Pasquantino or Horwitz? They are the same age, hit left, DH/1B, Vinnie being slightly more experienced at the MLB level. Thought maybe we could compare 2 similar players.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
How did they score so many runs during the regular season? Their lineup other than Judge and Soto seems underwhelming.
Raw output vs sequencing.

It's the same downfall of the last few Jays teams. If your lineup is built around 1-2 big guys, opponents can dramatically improve their outcomes by simply not pitching to the select couple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad