Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending)

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I would like the Jays to sign Vladdy, but if he's asking too much, they should trade him now. Probably would get the best value for him now rather than the offseason or trade deadline. If that's the case should trade Bassitt, Green, and IFK as well. Bo in the offseason. Next season would be rough but in 2026 the team would be on the upswing.
Agreed, if he’s not signing, get the haul now.
Make sure it includes some pitching, but starting with two top 25 prospects is a good idea.
Then in the off-season you can sign a 1b who’s happy to be paid like a 1b.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

I know it wont happen but would love to package Kikuchi, IKF and KK+ for Rushing. Dodgers biggest holes are at SP, 2B/3B and CF. They have Will Smith and Freeman along with Ohtani at C, 1B and DH. No real spot for Rushing. But the Dodgers are smart, they will trade Rushing for a better long term piece than spare parts. But i wonder if Kikuchi could be their Glasnow, trade for him now and re-sign.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeywiz542

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Paraphrased notes:

Texas was in the mix to some degree for Jansen, Coffey is the primary focus in the Jansen return, he's a young prospect for his talent level.
Shi says they're listening on other people, the Chad Green market to him is super interesting though there's a big dollar figure attached to him.
Some of the other relievers traded don't have that $$ with them.
The bigger question is about how can they have a pathways towards competing next season. Shi says right now they're managing against circumstance, what is the strategic goal?
Does it need to be a wider roster reset because there isn't a ton of talent.
He's not sure they're managing towards the larger question of the franchise's unclear goals and it's unclear to Shi how they're getting to a critical amount of talent.
They should acquire some more "Near term" players, (Clase) should acquire 1-2 more for Kikuchi.
Gotta rebuild the bullpen, catchers etc.
There's no delusions where they're at.
Doesn't think it's likely any of the non Kikuchi starters get traded.
Shi says if you're trading Vladdy you're making the definitive choice on where you're going, he's not sure he wants to make that choice just yet.
His guess is that if you're keeping Vlad, going to to take a shot at extending him in the offseason. Mentions it would matter in discussing deals with free agents etc.
Says that contracts matter in terms of a potential rebuild with the front office etc, who would be around to do it.
Shi wonders if the pitchers with some control, (Crochet/Skubal/Fedde)is the domino that you wait to fall, and then once those get decided it's onto the rental pitchers.
Mentions that if you don't trade him Monday he wouldn't be available for his next turn in the rotation on Wednesday for a new team.
Kikuchi is their only other major impact add in terms of incoming at the deadline
Chad Green could be potentially be that, maybe IKF a team jumps in on him and you should be able to do ok with him, you have leverage with Kikuchi
Shi doesn't think it'll be a disappointing return for Kikuchi. More contenders can bring in Kikuchi than the bigger names.
Yesavage is trending towards being signed in the next couple of days from what Shi's been told.
He thinks both Turner/Kiermaier are closer to the deadline trades, where the Jays are eating a good amount of money.
Mentions the Rangers as a good fit for Turner.
Teams are wondering if potentially the Jays might release Kiermaier if he's not traded so they can get Clase up.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

KingSarcasm has legit Jays sources

I don't think adding Green to Kikuchi gets you particularly close to a Top 50 prospect.

You have zero clue who Wrobleski is, but are convinced he sucks. Neat
If you're responding to who I think you are, I can guarantee you he's never heard of Wrobleski and didn't look up a single thing about him before giving his opinion.

Reactions: canucksfan

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I would like the Jays to sign Vladdy, but if he's asking too much, they should trade him now. Probably would get the best value for him now rather than the offseason or trade deadline. If that's the case should trade Bassitt, Green, and IFK as well. Bo in the offseason. Next season would be rough but in 2026 the team would be on the upswing.
That’s a good plan :) you would do a hell of lot better than Atkins!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
You’re right I don’t. However do you trust this pos management to get anyone good? He’s their 14th best prospect. Sounds real appetizing.

Dude they've gotta restock the cupboards, and clear out roster players who don't figure to be on the team in the future........are you holding out for first overall picks or what? Going to be disappointed if so.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Dude they've gotta restock the cupboards, and clear out roster players who don't figure to be on the team in the future........are you holding out for first overall picks or what? Going to be disappointed if so.
No I know bro but yes I do expect some sort of possible major leaguer coming back especially for Kikuchi and Green. Not those bottom tier prospect we’ve been getting

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Another team's 15th best prospect could be a top 5 prospect on this team.
Wroblewski is a pretty sexy prospect, decent sounding repertoire and performance matches.
That would be a great add for Kikuchi, kids close to ready.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I'm a little concerned the return for Kikuchi will be disappointing because he's been pretty awful for the last couple months. Having said that, the peripherals are still strong and he had more than a year of dominance before this, so maybe it'll still work out ok.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I'm a little concerned the return for Kikuchi will be disappointing because he's been pretty awful for the last couple months. Having said that, the peripherals are still strong and he had more than a year of dominance before this, so maybe it'll still work out ok.
There’s some talk that Crochet might not be moved til the winter, which would move Kikuchi up the pecking order….hopefully.
Edit to add: you’re right about the peripherals. Same could be said for Trevor Richards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad