Blue Jays Discussion: 2024 Season (better title pending)

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

KingSarcasm has legit Jays sources

Baseball America had him rocket up and is currently their #5 prospect.
  • He was drafted in 2021 and just got to AAA (2 Starts) at age 24.
  • He has really good stuff that has improved over the last few seasons. His ceiling was raised with increased fastball velocity and better control.
  • He allows a lot of contact but not very much power against him. High AVG but low OBP & SLG.
It is actually a big ask. Going to be interesting if Dodgers do it.

Hits 98 mph with good control. If we get him, he will be 2025 Cole Ragans. I'm speaking that into existence.

Reactions: Starry Knight

GermanJay

Mar 4, 2017
  • He has really good stuff that has improved over the last few seasons. His ceiling was raised with increased fastball velocity and better control.
  • He allows a lot of contact but not very much power against him. High AVG but low OBP & SLG.

Hits 98 mph with good control. If we get him, he will be 2025 Cole Ragans. I'm speaking that into existence.
Hes pitching in the Majors not AAA

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Could be a late bloomer. Great numbers in A+ ball but struggles in AA as a 24 OF. Lefty bat.

• BATS
    L
  • DOB
    07/12/2000
  • THROWS
    R
  • HT
    6' 1"
  • DRAFTED
    2023, 9th (277) - SEA
  • WT
  • ETA
Scouting grades: Hit: 45 | Power: 40 | Run: 40 | Arm: 50 | Field: 50 | Overall: 40
Schreck spent four years at Duke, posting a 1.037 OPS with 18 homers in 2021, but slipping to an .887 OPS in 2022 as he dealt with a hamstring issue. Because of the COVID year, he had another year of eligibility and transferred to Vanderbilt. After a .306/.454/.588 line with the Commodores in his fifth collegiate season, the Mariners took him in the ninth round as a money-saver, signing him for just $75,000. After a modest pro debut, he showed more offensive potential than expected this season, earning a promotion from High-A Everett to Double-A Arkansas.

Schreck's standout skill his very advanced approach from the left side of the plate. After drawing more walks than strikeouts with Vanderbilt, he's kept that kind of plate discipline up so far as a pro, striking out just 13.7 percent of the time with Everett while walking in 16.6 percent of his plate appearances. The California native is mostly about seeing pitches and putting the ball in play, but he has just enough power to keep hitters honest, hitting 12 homers before his promotion. He's a below-average runner, but he's smart on the basepaths and will steal a base now and again.

Because he's not fleet afoot, Schreck is limited to an outfield corner, where he's a capable defender. He has a little bit of a tweener profile because he doesn't have the pop to be a regular presence in a big league lineup as a corner outfielder. But he's already exceeded expectations in many ways and because of his feel to hit could find his way into a fourth or fifth outfielder role.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
All these trades are fine, but getting pretty much nothing of value back is kind of pointless

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I'm surprised they got anything for him if they're dumping the rest of his salary.

Schreck is close to nothing, but had huge numbers in A+ and only has 34 PA at AA. Yeah, he's 24, but he was only drafted a year ago.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Might hit 98 but he settles around 95, which is still very good. I don’t think it’s the biggest ask considering their pool of prospects. Plus he does feel a bit safer knowing he 1) eats innings and 2) doesn’t have a particular plus offering. With the way Kooch has pitched this year I’d say he’s deserving to command a prospect of Wrobo’s ilk at the very least.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Could be a late bloomer. Great numbers in A+ ball but struggles in AA as a 24 OF. Lefty bat.
Hopefully we can get Donkey as a PTBNL.

0ece1f5a76ee8a29847a1f5849dad652.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad