Who is your team's best defensive forward?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I'm sure this will definitely piss off some of my fellow Penguins fans but aside from Crosby, it'd be Rakell and I'd say last season Rakell had a greater impact defensively on any line he was on while Crosby's line suffered greatly without Rakell on it. Even when Sid was with Jake and Rakell the line was vastly better defensively than any version of O'Connor, Sid, Rust or Jake, Sid, Rust.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
choose your fighter:

1725823534485.png

1725823551490.png

1725823570091.png

1725823833307.png

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Hey Kevin, whats that third line looking like?
Locks are

X-Horvat-Barzal
X-Nelson-Palmieri
X-Pageau-X
X-X-X

Likely day one

Duclair-Horvat-Barzal
Tsyplakov-Nelson-palms
Lee-Pageau-Engvall
Mclean-Cizikas-Holmstrom

I’d personally swap Holmstrom and the Russian. Also Engvall has really good chemistry with Nelson and Palms. So it’s all interchangeable. And if Cizikas moves up McLean can play center.

So bet on that third line staying to start, they finished together end of year and playoffs and did well together

Reactions: Coffees

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Casey Cizikas for me.

One if the most underrated bottom-6’ers throughout his career. Relentless worker bee, and reads the D zone well.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Cirelli for TB, although whenever Point is used in a shutdown role it might be him. It just rarely happens anymore.

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Lehkonen (Surgery)
Landeskog (LTIR/coming back early this year?)
Nichushkin (Suspended)

Everything is fine, nothing to worry about lol

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I see some Oilers fans with different opinions, but its Janmark for me if were just talking defense. He doesn’t make mistakes.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
If you go by their PK usage it's Kuraly and Sillinger. Followed by Jenner and Texier(gone), Roslovic(gone), Robinson(gone), and Danforth.

Even under Evason I think those 4 will makeup the PK unless one of Fantilli, Chinny, Voronkov, Marchenko steps up in a big way or maybe Brindley makes a name for himself with his hustle and tenacity similar to Cam Atkinson.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Not sure who it would be on the Canucks, Elias Pettersson or Dakota Joshua I think

Okay now your guys turn, feel free to talk about upcoming two way players or unsung heros of your team as well
I'd at JT to that list (last season) as well.
He shutdown #97 all year and avoided those mental lapses that he was known for.
But ya despite the obsession many people including many nuck fans to poke holes in EP's game, his ability to see plays happen before they happen allows him to almost always make the correct play defensively.

Teddy is another guy that always seems to be at the right spot as well.

I'll add for a most improved from a POV Boeser really impressed me.
He went from meh to a guy out in the last minute protecting leads and is proof that good coaching can have a huge impact on a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad