GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Yup. Burnes entire breakout was predicated on him dumping a traditional four seam fastball for a cutter. The cutter is his bread and butter pitch because for a time, it legitimately had an argument as best single pitch in the game.

His whiff rate has cratered on that pitch. I don't have the stats from tonight but I do know in his last start he threw 42 cutters for a total of 1 whiff. And then a hilarious 0 whiffs on 40 thrown in the start prior to that.

Compare it to 2021 when he won the Cy Young, his whiff% on the cutter was 32.9% In 2024? The cutter is down to an alarming 16% whiff rate. Batting average and slugging are also up.

If Burnes cutter is that bad now, he's done as an impact starter.
You framed it much better than I did... You can see the confidence teams have against him.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
No idea how the depleted Braves keep doing this but they lead 4-0 in Philly. The Mets won in Arizona today (and did well to win that series) and won't get gain ground it appears.

Edit: Phils have cut it to 4-3.

Last edited:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Phillies come from back 4-0 to win. Marsh and Nick with homeruns. Snitker made an interesting choice letting Morton pitch to Marsh in 6th.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Nastrini with an actual good game

6 IP
1 ER (Solo HR)
3 K's

Getting his ERA down to just above 7!

But White Sox do nothing offensively and lose 2-1

Nastrini falls to 0-7 on year and Sox fall to 31-104

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Total no show by the Bengals against the Packers, who win it 14-0...oh wait.

Cubs win again but can't gain ground on the Braves, who rebound from that disaster yesterday with a big W.

On a Cubs and Braves related note, the Greg Maddux MLB Network documentary is incredible. I believe they are showing it again sometime tomorrow, you have to watch it if you can.

Last edited:

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Another day another costly error. We've been playing some sloppy defense lately. That blown save stings but we still got this ... Maybe. Though we absolutely suck in extra innings.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Met fans fearing they would lay egg can breathe easy

Mets like everyone else come into Chicago and just punked the pathetic White Sox with an easy 5-1 victory

Sox bats disappeared after first two innings recording, I believe 1 hit rest of game

In my life a White Sox fan rarely have I witnessed as pathetic a sight as Miguel Vargas

Can't field worth a damn and is hitting a pathetic .095 with White Sox

Dodgers front office must be laughing asses off that a ML team actually thought this bum was worth a damn

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
the White Sox are 6-44 in their last 50 games.

- They've yet to match their 2020 win total of 35 during the weird COVID season

- 12 wins is the number they need to hit in their final 26 to avoid tying the worst record in the modern era.

At least the 1962 Mets had an excuse being as bad as they were being an expansion club and all.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the White Sox are 6-44 in their last 50 games.

- They've yet to match their 2020 win total of 35 during the weird COVID season

- 12 wins is the number they need to hit in their final 26 to avoid tying the worst record in the modern era.

At least the 1962 Mets had an excuse being as bad as they were being an expansion club and all.
they're not winning 12 more games

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
they're not winning 12 more games
I think i would agree. Their september schedule definitely isn't in their favor
Screenshot 2024-08-31 133759.png

Lots of games against teams jockeying for position, and given how bad they are not even the Angels and A's are gimmies

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Both pitchers have been lights out. Ragans is a stud and Kikuchi has been amazing in a Astros uniform so far.

Only 3 combined hits through 4 innings.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Ragans going for the CG/1 hitter at this rate. Absolutely filthy stuff tonight.

Diaz is a stud. God I love this kid. We'll be set at catcher for years.

I jinxed the hell out of Ragans. He has fallen apart outta nowhere.

Last edited:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Phillies very likely won the division tonight, Wheeler was brilliant. Harris made an unbelievable catch to prevent a homer though.

The Royals added Tommy Pham, Robbie Grossman and Yuli Gurriel over the last few hours as they try to make up for the loss of Vinnie Pasquantino for rest of the season. Their schedule is quite tough the rest of the way, so good on their FO for not sitting on their hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad