GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
If the White Sox go 8-15 to close out the season, which seems like quite a lofty record for them to achieve at this point,...it still won't be enough to ''match'' the 1962 Mets at 40 wins (the 1962 Mets had 2 rainouts that were never played and went 40-120 so for me, the White Sox need to go 39-123 to officially be worse).

Another loss for the Royals, who have gone from first place on Tuesday to a 6 game losing streak.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Burnes was only able to go 5. 1.40 WHIP.
No advanced metrics available yet but it appears he got smacked hard again, just with less damage because lol White Sox.

It's all piling up to be a pretty ugly decline; K rate down, hard hit rate up, and more concerningly he's also giving up stolen bases a ton too.

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
No advanced metrics available yet but it appears he got smacked hard again, just with less damage because lol White Sox.

It's all piling up to be a pretty ugly decline; K rate down, hard hit rate up, and more concerningly he's also giving up stolen bases a ton too.
I watched this one and he was very fortunate to give up only 2 with all the traffic through 3 innings. The Sox lineup didn't even have Robert (who has also been brutal beyond belief). Truly a AAA team.

He was facing Flexen who ranges between mediocrity to despair. Flexen is making a major league cheque though as someone has to take the ball every 5th day. He goes out there and does give his absolute best with what he has. Simply atrocious ball team and I feel sorry for those that pay to watch.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Cubs punted Hector Neris into the sun... very unceremoniously. Little karma with Jorge Lopez getting lit up and turning a 3 zip lead into a deficit.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Pirates have scored 4 straight to take the lead. This would be a horrific loss for the Cubbies...

They lose tiebreaks against the Mets and the Braves, so they don't have much room for error.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Speaking of horrific losses, chalk up another one for the Mariners in Oakland. They are now a .500 baseball club. One of the most shocking collapses I can remember. From 44-31 to a .500 team on labor day with GREAT starting pitching.

Prior to finally breaking the under .500 streak in 2013, the Pirates were 58-42 on July 28 2012, and managed to finish 79-83, losing nearly as many in the last 62 games as they did in the first 100

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
With 108 losses and 23 games left, the CWS are not only going to beat the Mets record, they’re going to obliterate it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The White Sox are 39 games out of 4th place.
The A's are closer to the top spot of the AL than the White Sox are closer to the A's.

Zack Greinke had a career .336 slugging percentage. The 2024 Chicago White Sox are slugging .338.

It feels like every day there's a new stat about how historically shitty this team is

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
It is not helping the Sox that Nastrini can't get a damn call. They are up against the Great Cade Povich.. can they score a few runs?

Down 3 - Korey Lee picked off 1st. A club of excellence.

I am sorry but this is outrageous. Is anyone else watching this? What hope are Sox fans clinging to for the future?

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Vargas got benched for that gaffe after the left fielder was apparently calling him off.

You know how people constantly gloat about how, say the best college team could beat the worst NFL team? Those people would potentially have a case if they said the best AAA team could beat the White Sox.

This is legitimately the worst sports team i have ever watched. The 2008 Detroit Lions at least lost a couple games by less than a TD. The process Sixers were at least designed to be as shitty as possible in the name of stocking up on draft picks. What makes the White Sox worse as they're this bad while thinking they're actually relevant.

Reactions: SoupNazi
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Yikes

Vargas got benched for that gaffe after the left fielder was apparently calling him off.

You know how people constantly gloat about how, say the best college team could beat the worst NFL team? Those people would potentially have a case if they said the best AAA team could beat the White Sox.

This is legitimately the worst sports team i have ever watched. The 2008 Detroit Lions at least lost a couple games by less than a TD. The process Sixers were at least designed to be as shitty as possible in the name of stocking up on draft picks. What makes the White Sox worse as they're this bad while thinking they're actually relevant.
There has been some pretty bad sports teams. The expansion Capitals come to mind. They won 8 games I think.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The specific rule:

Instead, the highest the White Sox can draft in 2025, regardless of their record this season, is 10th. New rules dictate that a team that is not part of MLB revenue-sharing cannot pick in the lottery in back-to-back years, and the Sox picked fifth in 2024, using the selection on Arkansas pitcher Hagen Smith.
I do wonder if after this year, they put a condition on this where if you are like 10+ games worse than anyone else, you get a reprieve and can at least pick top 5.

Braves and Mets appear headed towards W's while the Cubs are down big against the Pirates. A crippling 24 hours for the Northsiders.

Royals on track for another L but no one seems to be any kind of threat right now to take their spot.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Blue Jays found themselves in the middle of Schwarberfest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad