GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Career high 5 hits for Schwarber, to say nothing of 3 dingers. 1 led off the game, 1 a go-ahead 3-run shot. Phillies were down 6-1 in the 1st

Reactions: SnS

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The question should be why they didn’t walk him when dude has been jacking balls all over Canada

I like John Schneider the person.. Like his press conferences, like the way he goes to bat for his players.

He's not cut out for many of these decisions. He doesn't have a good feel for pinch hitting, walking, bullpen usage.. He seems to have precious little help from those around him as well.

He also has so few weapons in the pen.. so I doubt this season gets hung on him.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I like John Schneider the person.. Like his press conferences, like the way he goes to bat for his players.

He's not cut out for many of these decisions. He doesn't have a good feel for pinch hitting, walking, bullpen usage.. He seems to have precious little help from those around him as well.

He also has so few weapons in the pen.. so I doubt this season gets hung on him.
He doesn't haver any idea when to pull a starting pitcher. Relievers having to pitch to 3 batters pretty much eliminates any pitching strategy. And strategy is the only reason to watch a baseball game.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Also of note - Reid Detmers is back and has 9 k through 5. I assume he really pissed someone off in LAAville to be sent to the minors for months while they trotted out Daniel Davis and even had a brief affair with Johnny Cueto.. Weird one.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Ben Joyce just sent Edman packing with two 86 MPH sliders and then a 105.5 fastball at the knees. Second fastest pitch ever recorded

Shame he is going to be wasted in that shit stain of an org.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Phillies win 9 of 11 and headed to Miami.

Bryce Harper and Alec Bohm battling injuries though. Kody Clemens has come through the past couple days. He would’ve been on the roster most of the season if he didn’t have options.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Lindor's having a very nice season, but there's no way he'd win MVP over Shohei Ohtani.
There is going to be the DH argument. Lindor has been carrying the Mets for a good portion of the season. Do the Dodgers make the playoffs without Ohtani? The Mets are not close to a playoff team without Lindor.
And yes I know Ohtani may do something no one else has ever done.
Lindor is having more than just a “nice season “

Reactions: PanniniClaus

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The Red Sox bubble continues to burst. Houck the victim tonight on a Winker grandy.

The Sox hitters divebombing as well.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
There is going to be the DH argument. Lindor has been carrying the Mets for a good portion of the season. Do the Dodgers make the playoffs without Ohtani? The Mets are not close to a playoff team without Lindor.
And yes I know Ohtani may do something no one else has ever done.
Lindor is having more than just a “nice season “
The Mets are a much better team with Lindor and the Dodgers are a much better team with Ohtani. Lindor has a 6.4 WAR and Ohtani has a 7.1 WR. Ohtani may only be a DH, but (with the exception of doubles) Ohtani's offensive numbers across the board are far superior to Lindor's.

btw, I did say Lindor was having a "very nice" season. I don't know why you'd take that as being dismissive.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
The Mets are a much better team with Lindor and the Dodgers are a much better team with Ohtani. Lindor has a 6.4 WAR and Ohtani has a 7.1 WR. Ohtani may only be a DH, but (with the exception of doubles) Ohtani's offensive numbers across the board are far superior to Lindor's.

btw, I did say Lindor was having a "very nice" season. I don't know why you'd take that as being dismissive.
Lindor actually leads Ohtani in fWAR (differing defensive metrics).

There's certainly a fair argument for either. Big round numbers will probably win the day, but that's due to narrative, rather than value.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The weekly combined no-hitter bid. What happened to the game I love?

Jansen just had an ugly outing in a ''get him some work'' situation, Mets tack on a huge insurance run.

Now 76 year old Rich Hill is in for some reason and just walked in another run. No idea why this guy is in the majors, what is the point? There isn't some guy in his prime in the Boston farm system who can do this instead?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad