GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Tigers pitching staff with 8 hitless innings against the Orioles (they were perfect through 7, but a leadoff walk to Rutschman in the 8th killed that).

EDIT: Gunnar Henderson breaks it up with a 2 out triple.

Tigers doing this on their bullpen day makes it more impressive.

This team seems determined to make this Wild Care race interesting.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Pretty funny seeing a Blue Jays that is composed of like 50% young kids putting the final nails in the coffin of the veteran Cardinals team that even their fans can't stand watching,

Royals hit the 82 win mark with 2 weeks left. Quite a turnaround season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bryce Harper had not hit a dinger since August 9.

On September 14 he hits dingers in consecutive at-bats.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I was starting to think the reverse of 2007 was going to happen. Up 8 games with 14 to go granted they still have 5 more with the Mets. Unless the Mets win all 5 (unlikely) they just can't make this deficit up.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Just a numbing loss for the Mets as they blow a 4-0 lead with Severino on the mound.
They have some relief pitchers who are just unreliable. Young didn’t have his best stuff and Stanek just sucks. He should not be pitching in close games. They were never going to win the division.
The Mets have had some tough losses as of late but you could say the same for the other teams in WC contention

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Pretty funny seeing a Blue Jays that is composed of like 50% young kids putting the final nails in the coffin of the veteran Cardinals team that even their fans can't stand watching,

Royals hit the 82 win mark with 2 weeks left. Quite a turnaround season.

There's talk of picking up Gibson's option for next year already lolol. He has been mostly fine, but cmon now, continuously trotting out 35+ players is part of this teams problem. And they're already stuck with Mikolas and Matz for another year at inflated salaries.

(The rotation next year should be Gray, Fedde, Pallante and younger guys like Matthews, McGreevy, etc. Unless they trade for a big fish, just sign a late 20s/early 30s mid rotation guy if you with upside if must.)

Brandon Crawford was released 2 months 2 late. Carpenter hasn't been completely god awful like Crawford in the few gams he's played, and is basically a coach at this point, but was he really needed? Why couldn't Luken Baker or someone have that spot all year?

Goldschmidt should get no more than a one year deal if any at all.

Mozeliak really needs to go now. I think they want him to "step back" and ride off into the sunset after his contract expires next year, but he can't be around at all. And neither should Marmol, who's not terrible, but not great either, but has the Mo' stench.

Force him to retire now or just outright fire him and everybody. This reminds me of Ken Holland so much we're a once great GM is now become hated because the rest of the league caught up and lapped him and the same old same old just doesn't work anymore. It needs to be addressed how all these hitting prospects flame out at the big league level and are traded for scraps and then succeed elsewhere.

For Dylan Carlson and Tyler O'Neil they got 3 mid relievers and 2 have already been DFA'd and the 3rd is getting slapped around in AAA.

They're like 9 back now it's time to let the young guys play and let Arenado and Goldschmidt get a bunch of days off and a head start on the offseason. I like Michael Siani as a bench guy but why is he your everyday CF at this point? Why are Carpenter and Fermin on the roster instead of Victor Scott? Why is Pages getting more starts at C than Herrera? It's a joke. You've been out of it since mid-August basically, whether they pretended they still had a shot or not.

My 'every day' lineup for the rest of the season would be:

Winn SS
Burleson DH
Nootbaar LF
Arenado 3B
Walker RF
Baker 1B
Herrera C
Saggesse 2B
Scott CF

Donovan as a super utility getting some starts at 3B, DH and LF.

Reactions: Marc the Habs Fan

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
It hurts my soul seeing JV pitch as a shell of his former self.
The man is 41-years old.

He was able to figure it out while slumping for over a season in Detroit prior to being dealt to Houston. He may still be able to compensate if he wants to pitch beyond this year.

But at some point, father time is undefeated.

Meanwhile the Tigers took 2/3 from Baltimore. Somehow they still have a chance here.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
The man is 41-years old.

He was able to figure it out while slumping for over a season in Detroit prior to being dealt to Houston. He may still be able to compensate if he wants to pitch beyond this year.

But at some point, father time is undefeated.

Meanwhile the Tigers took 2/3 from Baltimore. Somehow they still have a chance here.
This is true and he isnt far removed from coming back off the DL. Plus I jumped the gun after a shakey start last night. I remember him turning it around in Detroit as well. I think alot of people incorrectly assume that he turned it around after coming here but he had already righted the ship in Detroit.

Reactions: Reality Check

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Bizarre scene in Arizona. Either Pat Murphy decided to give a massive middle finger to the Padres, Mets and Braves as he kept an overmatched Koenig in the game instead of going to Devin Williams in the 10th with a lead or Devin Williams got hurt warming up in the bullpen. There is no other explanation. Diamondbacks get a YUGE win.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
We live in a world where the Tigers are now 1.5 games out of 3rd WC...

Mind you, MIN has already clinch the tie-breaker. So it's still a situation where MIN has to lose 3 more games than DET.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad