GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
What a turnaround. I hope all those goofballs on Reddit and Clutchfans feel silly right about now . The early season panic was hilarious to read. Still plenty of season to go ,though.

Hunter Brown has been a revelation recently. We desperately needed that from a starter.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
If the Mariners don't add a quality bat (ideally multiple) at the deadline, I might have to board up my windows due to potential riots. They MUST be buyers at the deadline. But if their cheap ownership stays stuck in their ways, I'd be fine with them as sellers more than staying pat.
If they stand pat at the deadline then someone needs to be shown the door. That offense is so anemic. I would be pulling my hair out watching that every night. Though I do think you all will be ultra aggressive at the deadline. Especially after recent events.

Reactions: SoupNazi

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
What a turnaround. I hope all those goofballs on Reddit and Clutchfans feel silly right about now . The early season panic was hilarious to read. Still plenty of season to go ,though.

Hunter Brown has been a revelation recently. We desperately needed that from a starter.

If they stand pat at the deadline then someone needs to be shown the door. That offense is so anemic. I would be pulling my hair out watching that every night. Though I do think you all will be ultra aggressive at the deadline. Especially after recent events.
The turnaround you guys have had is a major reason why I'd be more fine with the M's selling at the deadline than standing pat. The idea that the M's roster right now is good enough to win the division against the Astros is laughably absurd. M's have the pitching staff to win in October, so wasting it with this AAA lineup would be a crime against the sport of baseball.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
2025 MLB schedule was released. I already penciled in a couple trips. Originally was going to try to get Miami+Tampa in August but a couple things came up. Looks like I can defer that to next year and get a bonus redo of St. Louis; I went to a game in St. Louis in 2016 but it eventually got rained out.
I did notice this but I have nowhere I need to be in 2025 right now other than an occasional Baltimore game for promo items. I might head out somewhere though as I do need to rack up United mileage and hotel rewards points :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He's having an amazing year. Still scratching my head that he was left off of the AS roster. What a snub.
His only option was dh because he’s a terrible fielder, but his peers voted for Fry. Now he’s paying his peers back by hitting bombs on all of them.

Wonder when he ends up in a Phillies uniform.
After last weekend, every day they waste not making a deal for him is a shame.

A’s were never getting a second all star
While you’re absolutely correct, it’s dumb logic. Players should get in bases on their own play, not how the team is doing. I’ve seen plenty of years when the A’s were good and they (deservedly) only took 1 player. Sometimes bad teams can have 2 or more great players while good teams may just have a bunch of pretty good players who aren’t really all stars.

Reactions: Terry Yake and SnS

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
His only option was dh because he’s a terrible fielder, but his peers voted for Fry. Now he’s paying his peers back by hitting bombs on all of them.

After last weekend, every day they waste not making a deal for him is a shame.

While you’re absolutely correct, it’s dumb logic. Players should get in bases on their own play, not how the team is doing. I’ve seen plenty of years when the A’s were good and they (deservedly) only took 1 player. Sometimes bad teams can have 2 or more great players while good teams may just have a bunch of pretty good players who aren’t really all stars.
They can but you usually gotta vote one in or one has to have enough that they can’t be denied. Reds had 2 guys.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Dylan Cease was pulled while putting together a 1 hit shutout and having thrown 97 pitches. What happened to the game I love? Imagine Maddux or Johnson or Pedro being pulled in those circumstances...
These clown cry pitch count to save arms but also send them to that academy in Seattle to throw 100+. If they really cared about preserving arms they’d teach them how to pitch instead of just how to throw.

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
1721591993607.png

Pitch #2?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Rays pitched to Judge with the game on the line and survived.

And the Yankees lose another home game. Boone should be on the hot seat but he won't be.

Bad day for NY baseball as the Mets lose to the Marlins again.

Last edited:

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
The Mets just can’t help themselves against bad teams. 7 runs in 3 games against the 34 win Marlins is unacceptable
Yeah just unacceptable against a bottom dweller Marlins team. Hoping this isn't a sign of our offense slumping post break after it was hot leading into it.

Huge win today for the Mariners to avoid getting swept by the Astros and pulling even in the division.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Massive win for Seattle. We gave up too many home runs today. This division race is going to be great. I fully expect Texas to surge back as well so we'll be in for another crazy finish in the West again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad