GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Was wondering why Wheeler did not start (back it seems), yikes at that result.

Cubs and Rangers may have saved their season with today's win.

Last edited:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The Mariners, who already lost twice to the Angels, just saw a 2-0 lead slip away on an 8th inning Jo Adell 3 run homer. Just criminal that they have yet to make a trade for a bat. Logan Gilbert (pulled after 87 pitches) should be enraged.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The Cubs have been damn annoying this season, but holy cow the north side has been championship-tier compared to the south side.

How on earth do the Sox have the worst record at the all star break since the very first one in 1933?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
2025 MLB schedule was released. I already penciled in a couple trips. Originally was going to try to get Miami+Tampa in August but a couple things came up. Looks like I can defer that to next year and get a bonus redo of St. Louis; I went to a game in St. Louis in 2016 but it eventually got rained out.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
2025 MLB schedule was released. I already penciled in a couple trips. Originally was going to try to get Miami+Tampa in August but a couple things came up. Looks like I can defer that to next year and get a bonus redo of St. Louis; I went to a game in St. Louis in 2016 but it eventually got rained out.
I've already pencilled in LAD and SD myself. Going to try to get in a couple more as well.

Reactions: Brodeur

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
The Cubs have been damn annoying this season, but holy cow the north side has been championship-tier compared to the south side.

How on earth do the Sox have the worst record at the all star break since the very first one in 1933?

The Cubs are good enough to not be bad, but bad enough to not be good, seems like the story for about 2/3's of the league this year

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I've already pencilled in LAD and SD myself. Going to try to get in a couple more as well.

I've gone to more Dodger Stadium games in the last 3 years than I did the previous 30. Main factor was discovering a complimentary shuttle which runs out of LA Union Station. Dodger Stadium parking lot can be a nightmare to get in/out, so it's nice to be able to turn off my brain for that (and a bonus not to have to pay for parking). I'm lucky since my cousin's apartment is walking distance to Union Station.

And maybe ironically I've gone to fewer Padre games of late, partly due to the uptick in price but they also tore up my go to parking lot downtown. There are a couple trolley lines that'll drop off near the stadium, but it can get crowded depending on the time/opponent.

Reactions: SoupNazi

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
I've gone to more Dodger Stadium games in the last 3 years than I did the previous 30. Main factor was discovering a complimentary shuttle which runs out of LA Union Station. That parking lot can be a nightmare to get in/out, so it's nice to be able to turn off my brain for that (and a bonus not to have to pay for parking). I'm lucky since my cousin's apartment is walking distance to Union Station.
Right now I'm looking at several trips where I can fly to one place easily and drive. Looking at a weekend at the end of July or end of September next year to do Fenway and Yankee Stadium.

I was trying to get to Oakland this year for the Coliseum, but that's not going to happen, unfortunately.

Reactions: Brodeur

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Right now I'm looking at several trips where I can fly to one place easily and drive. Looking at a weekend at the end of July or end of September next year to do Fenway and Yankee Stadium.

I was trying to get to Oakland this year for the Coliseum, but that's not going to happen, unfortunately.

I was able to do DC-Baltimore-Philly-NYC-Boston via Amtrak and public transit. Definitely easier for me know with rideshare since I get irrational anxiety about driving in unfamiliar places.

I like the end of September trips since flights tend to be cheaper after Labor Day and football/baseball/hockey are available. One of my favorite sports field trips was in Detroit, over a few days I caught: Tigers game, Red Wings preseason game, Wolverines football game, USNTDP (with Matthews/Tkachuk), and crossed the border to see McDavid play in Windsor.

Oakland......it was definitely a stadium. My cousin was talking about doing a weekend trip for that since he's never been there, but I don't know if we'll be able to squeeze that one in either. I'm also fortunate that I chose to do Cleveland earlier this year. My alternate plan was to see the Padres there this weekend and there's mass chaos with the airlines due to the global Microsoft glitch. My friend's flight to Australia got cancelled a few hours ago and he was physically on the plane for a couple hours.

Reactions: SoupNazi

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
If the Mariners don't add a quality bat (ideally multiple) at the deadline, I might have to board up my windows due to potential riots. They MUST be buyers at the deadline. But if their cheap ownership stays stuck in their ways, I'd be fine with them as sellers more than staying pat.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium