Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 3 - After 90 games the Sox are 50-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
He is a proven right-handed hitter who plays a position (2B) that no one seems able to adequately perform.

I'd take a shot at him, provided that he's healthy.
pass.... you've got what u already have here.... there's a reason why the Phillies elected to release him.... it's like Garrett Cooper being claimed not long after Casas went down.... and u have Dom Smith filling that role same reasoning as to why Hamilton is here filling Trevor Story's spot....

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Merrifield is washed up, hard pass. Not an upgrade over what we currently have. Would much rather just give Yorke a shot if they want a RHH 2B

Whit is a proven below average hitter (93, 90, 93, 63 OPS+ the last 4 years). This ain’t 2018 anymore. Only thing he brings is speed, he’s not even a good defender at 2B

IMG_3311.jpeg

This is what being cooked looks like. Romy and Hamilton are both superior options at this point imo and Valdez is a better hitter so I’d rather have him since they both suck with the glove

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Probably because he was hitting .199. He needs to come back to the American League.

Pretty sure Vaughn Grissom is a non-factor right now.
Yeah Vaughn needs to get healthy and ramp up in the minors, gonna need to see him impact the ball in Worcester before bringing him back up. To me it is gravy if he can provide anything to the big league club this season, I’m not expecting anything

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Remember when Whit Merrifield was the active MLB iron man but he was still about 13 consecutive seasons behind Ripken? But he was so bad that he played himself out of the lineup around the time he got traded to Toronto.

That prompted me to look up who the current iron man is, and it's Matt Olsen, who is on pace to catch Cal Ripken late in the 2037 season.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Remember when Whit Merrifield was the active MLB iron man but he was still about 13 consecutive seasons behind Ripken? But he was so bad that he played himself out of the lineup around the time he got traded to Toronto.

That prompted me to look up who the current iron man is, and it's Matt Olsen, who is on pace to catch Cal Ripken late in the 2037 season.
DiMaggio’s hitting streak will be broken before Ripken’s Ironman streak

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
DiMaggio’s hitting streak will be broken before Ripken’s Ironman streak

I don’t think any of these three will be broken, at least in my lifetime….but I’d say in order of most likely to least likely:

56 Games
Ripken
Career Triples

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad