Player Discussion Thomas Chabot (D) Part 2

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
So Simmer was being Simmer and now the Chabots are taking flak on social media?

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Its amazing how fast a trolling tweet can go to misinformation to online abuse, like a type of swatting from the angry hordes awaiting their next faux outrage crack fix that they can jump all over for a new endorphin rush.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Its amazing how fast a trolling tweet can go to misinformation to online abuse, like a type of swatting from the angry hordes awaiting their next faux outrage crack fix that they can jump all over for a new endorphin rush.

It's true. If you think that Chabot got shit for this tweet, you should see how people reacted when Simmer tweeted that Chabot thought polyester underwear lowered sperm count.

• Haha
Reactions: thinkwild

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I didn't know Chabot had such a backlash for not wanting to play for the Canadiens

And then you have so many Sens fans who would want to get rid of him at the first occasion... when his fanbase should be behind him and proud to have him...

If things don't turn around this season, I hope he gets traded away from here to a Contender
If Chabot's play doesn't improve I hope he does get traded away.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Simmer always does that shit. Engagement baiting and then once it starts blowing up he says he was just joking around and it was obviously fake. For those of us who know who he is and know he doesn't have any sources, we rarely fall for the bait but people from other markets who don't know him just read his twitter bio and think the info he reports is legit. Dumbass

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So Simmer was being Simmer and now the Chabots are taking flak on social media?
Flak from Habs fans, who tend to be subhuman.

Who cares. I hope Chabot doesn't, he really shouldn't. We are in 2024, some of you act like social media matters.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Simmer always does that shit. Engagement baiting and then once it starts blowing up he says he was just joking around and it was obviously fake. For those of us who know who he is and know he doesn't have any sources, we rarely fall for the bait but people from other markets who don't know him just read his twitter bio and think the info he reports is legit. Dumbass

I like his style.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Flak from Habs fans, who tend to be subhuman.

Who cares. I hope Chabot doesn't, he really shouldn't. We are in 2024, some of you act like social media matters.
Here's the thing. If I'm Chabot, you're right ..f*** it, social media whatever. But when people take runs at my wife because of some dumbass....then I got a problem. Simmer should take care of himself for a bit.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Is he like 10 years old?

I mean, I don't give a crap about who Simpson is, I don't have time to "learn" about who he is. I stumbled on that article from July 2nd where they thought it was real so I assumed it was too. I don't have the time or desire to do a research to find out what really happened, life is busy, it is the summer and I spend on average 10 mins per day on the computer to do everything

I hope Chabot sues that idiot

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Is he like 10 years old?

I mean, I don't give a crap about who Simpson is, I don't have time to "learn" about who he is. I stumbled on that article from July 2nd where they thought it was real so I assumed it was too. I don't have the time or desire to do a research to find out what really happened, life is busy, it is the summer and I spend on average 10 mins per day on the computer to do everything

I bet he get's a talking to. This is exactly the kind of shyt they are trying to get rid of around the team.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is he like 10 years old?

Lol, what is he going to sue him over?

If you could sue people over fake trade related rumours, half the internet would be gone

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I’m kind of impervious to Twitter & social media in general pretty much. Except for this website, I don’t bother with it. There’s other ways of spending time that in my mind that are either more productive or interesting. Each to his own of course, and I expect I’m likely in the minority.

I’m hoping for an improved & good year from Chabot. If that secondary layer of players like Chabot & Norris have good years along with our top guns, then we should have a decent year.

Reactions: DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Lol, what is he going to sue him over?

If you could sue people over fake trade related rumours, half the internet would be gone

Well, you can sue for pretty much anything but I don't know, if his wife got death threats and stuff but I know it's utopic, nothing to do against internet stupidity

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I’m kind of impervious to Twitter & social media in general pretty much. Except for this website, I don’t bother with it. There’s other ways of spending time that in my mind that are either more productive or interesting. Each to his own of course, and I expect I’m likely in the minority.

I’m hoping for an improved & good year from Chabot. If that secondary layer of players like Chabot & Norris have good years along with our top guns, then we should have a decent year.
More productive use of time than Twitter? Like what? Pinterest? lol
tenor[1].gif

Reactions: BigRig4

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well, you can sue for pretty much anything but I don't know, if his wife got death threats and stuff but I know it's utopic, nothing to do against internet stupidity
Its like 100,000 times more about the reaction than what they are reacting to .. that some Habs reporter ran with and some gullible fans fell for... Social media with AI will get worse not better for all this fake news . There is always made up stuff . The people that decided a Chabot NTC is something to threaten or condemn anyone about are the ones that should be sought out and punished.

Reactions: Micklebot

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
More productive use of time than Twitter? Like what? Pinterest? lol
View attachment 899636
Huh? Not sure if you’re being serious, but my post said the only social media site I spend time on is HF Boards. I meant that "literally". There’s lots of things I do that I find more interesting and productive. In fact, it's time to get back to one of those activities right now.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Its like 100,000 times more about the reaction than what they are reacting to .. that some Habs reporter ran with and some gullible fans fell for... Social media with AI will get worse not better for all this fake news . There is always made up stuff . The people that decided a Chabot NTC is something to threaten or condemn anyone about are the ones that should be sought out and punished.

Yeah, I don't think people should be allowed to say anything they want behind the internet anonymity. How many popular people have had to close their accounts because of death threats and humiliations?

It would not be acceptable IRL but allowed on the internet?

Reactions: bicboi64

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Here's the thing. If I'm Chabot, you're right ..f*** it, social media whatever. But when people take runs at my wife because of some dumbass....then I got a problem. Simmer should take care of himself for a bit.
I don't mean to minimize the nasty but she'll most likely be just fine: she's young, she's pretty and she's now rich. I have faith that insecure Habs fans won't bring her down; if they do, the solution is cut out the noise, not go after Shawn Simpson.

Simmer made a joke and some Montreal fans lost their mind (CALL 911 ON CHARA!). This is all very normal and I'd hope that, by now, most people are able to ignore social media.

Social media is a net negative. There's lots of good information, but it is overwhelmed by all the extremely negative psychological side effects (I blame smartphones myself).

The way forward is not to sue someone for making a joke on Twitter.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
It comes with the territory of being related to a hockey player and having social media. You have two realistic options, avoid social media, or become Mitch Marners dad who relishes in the spotlight created by his progeny.

I think it's wild that fans PM hockey wives. I can't imagine what causes someone to do that. With that said, you can't be married to a hockey player and have the same social media experience as someone with a egg avatar.

It also puts into perspective why people like Jakob Chychrun's dad block everybody who say anything remotely negative, like "I thought Chychrun had an okay game". You don't see the other side of the coin. So if you say something like "organ meat is not for me", even know that is fairly harmless, his dad likely doesnt know if you're normal or if you're secretly a fan of Guy Lafleur's glory days, and your next post is going to be insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad