Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 3 - After 90 games the Sox are 50-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Big win going into the break. We better be buyers!

Screenshot_20240328_235246_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I understand not paying a tax- honestly if I owned team my budget would be 90% of salary cap to allow flexibility to pick up quality talent from July 16-31

I would not do what Celtics & Mets do

If the ceiling is 220 M I’ll go there no problem but over blah

I think they are going to spend

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Last minute Draft Buzz...

There's talk that the first 10 picks in the draft could all be college players. That would be a first.

Teams just outside the Top 10 (...Red Sox included) have incentive to cut deals.

Reactions: CDJ

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Not judging or questioning his election….but Beltre was only a 4x All Star.

I have no idea what the average number of all star appearances is for HOF players, but 4 seems low.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Not judging or questioning his election….but Beltre was only a 4x All Star.

I have no idea what the average number of all star appearances is for HOF players, but 4 seems low.
Every team must be represented

Nick Kurtz 1B goes 4 to Vegas

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Not loving how the draft is shaking out for the Sox to this point.

Kind of looking like they might look to cut a deal.

Edit: After the last few picks, I kinda like where the Sox are sitting now.

Last edited:

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Montgomery Scouting Reports:

The Athletic: "Montgomery is a true switch-hitter, with better results hitting from the left side but plenty of bat speed from the right side as well. He uses the whole field better batting left-handed and his plate discipline is substantially better from that side. He’s got a cannon of an arm, and is technically a two-way player with two innings pitched this year, projecting as a solid-average defender in right. There’s some risk with the hit tool here, as his offspeed recognition isn’t great and he will expand the zone when behind in the count, but he has 30-homer upside as a switch-hitting right fielder if he makes enough contact for an average hit tool."

MLB Pipeline: "Montgomery had more of a hit-over-power profile in high school but that has reversed in college. A switch-hitter with strength and a quick, aggressive stroke from both sides of the plate, he does more damage as a lefty hitter and his plus power plays to all parts of the ballpark. He has improved his plate discipline and his ability to handle breaking balls during the last two seasons, but he still swings and misses at pitches in the zone a bit too often and will chase non-fastballs."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad