Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 3 - After 90 games the Sox are 50-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
So I just went back and checked all the Mock Drafts I posted yesterday ( post #1,003 ) and they all had Montgomery going earlier than #12 so maybe the Sox got a real steal today. :dunno:

CBS Sports, Bleacher Report and Fan Graphs had Montgomery going at #4 to Oakland
The Score had him going at #7 to St. Louis
ESPN and MLB.com had him going at #8 to the LA Angels

Reactions: sarge88 and lopey

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Montgomery is recovering from a broken ankle, so we will not see a fast track through the system like Teel had. Also probably why his draft stock was hurt.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This was like the time Paul Pierce fell to Celtics to me

I was kinda watching him from after the 6th pick knowing mlb shows loved him but said due to a broken ankle could maybe slide but highly unlikely out of 10

So with that knowledge and thinking Tigers would not likely go back to back OF especially with Rainer at 11

Once 10 went figured has to be one of these two unless Pitching Wizard Breslow wanted a pitcher

Right now it’s quite a run of good fortune for Red Sox- from Jordan Montgomery telling them basically you guys suck to a legit top 5 pick falling because of a broken ankle

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
As a someone who read up and watched the draft shows and spots on mlb network & read the Athletic & BBA

What a night with these two picks

Can’t wait till Breslow does his Wanda Maximoff thing and whispers to Tolle you are Jon Lester

(He does need to develop a strong secondary pitch - hello, sweeper)

Dynasty incoming!!!!

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I understand not paying a tax- honestly if I owned team my budget would be 90% of salary cap to allow flexibility to pick up quality talent from July 16-31

I would not do what Celtics & Mets do

If the ceiling is 220 M I’ll go there no problem but over blah

I think they are going to spend
Mets paying tax cost them Montgomery. I don’t mind it just be smart. Scherzer and verlander was not being smart. Steve cohen should have come in and signed judge to 50 mil but league told him keep it in check. Sucks

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Mets paying tax cost them Montgomery. I don’t mind it just be smart. Scherzer and verlander was not being smart. Steve cohen should have come in and signed judge to 50 mil but league told him keep it in check. Sucks
As long as you understand anything that doesn’t feel right or go right is a time to look if a lesson learned that should not be repeated

Cohen was brutal early on and is paying for it but he’s supposedly a cut losses learns lessons guy

You are spot on though don’t just give shit away like their original slot - make the reason because you got someone like judge

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
1721040385023.png

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

With Breslow special pitching powers (the Scarlet Pitch) this will end up a great pick

He’s raw but has a bunch of boxes checked off

Craig will tap into his subconscious and plant a plus secondary pitch - likely a sweeper & hone a changeup that with his release distance won’t ever be picked up as long as it’s 10 mph slower

With Breslow’s major from Yale in biophysics (biochemistry as well) I’m on board the Sox pitching by 2026 will be looking like the 60’s Orioles system

We are about to enter a long ass-kicking era of Red Sox baseball

Thank you Craig

Last edited:
Reactions: LouJersey

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
With Breslow special pitching powers (the Scarlet Pitch) this will end up a great pick

He’s raw but has a bunch of boxes checked off

Craig will tap into his subconscious and plant a plus secondary pitch - likely a sweeper & hone a changeup that with his release distance won’t ever be picked up as long as it’s 10 mph slower

With Breslow’s major from Yale in biophysics (biochemistry as well) I’m on board the Sox pitching by 2026 will be looking like the 60’s Orioles system

We are about to enter a long ass-kicking era of Red Sox baseball

Thank you Craig
Early returns on Craig seem to be everything we wanted Chaim to be but wasn't.

Reactions: sarge88 and DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Early returns on Craig seem to be everything we wanted Chaim to be but wasn't.
Well in fairness Breslow was an elite athlete in multiple sports - a professional baseball player who pitched for 6 teams often well and had a career era + 1.22 which is pretty damn good

Add in his career educational & pitching background, experience as a Cubs organizational pitching coordinator & resident of Mass it’s a great get

The dumbest thing I ever have heard a radio host say who I believed wasn’t trolling (Felger dumb stuff he knows is dumb he’s trolling his boys like Tom from Braintree etc) was Gresh & Fauria wondering if Breslow has a plan

Gresh makes Adam Jones likeable and Fauria is just self absorbed and goofy - not as funny as he thinks he is

Who thought this duo was a good idea

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bertrand just said Breslow is not competitive and his prior pitching really doesn’t matter
lol

What a mess

Reactions: CDJ

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I was 14 and that was the best summer of my life.

I was only 4 and like I said I have a vague memory of Mom going nuts after they won the pennant. She was a lifelong Red Sox fan & up to that point had endured a long period when the Sox were awful. Looking back I'm so happy she lived to see all 3 World Series wins.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Covington, KY
I was only 4 and like I said I have a vague memory of Mom going nuts after they won the pennant. She was a lifelong Red Sox fan & up to that point had endured a long period when the Sox were awful. Looking back I'm so happy she lived to see all 3 World Series wins.
I was 14 when they won in 04' and I'll never forget it. "Back to Foulke"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad