Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 3 - After 90 games the Sox are 50-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Beating the Yankees is as good as beating the Habs.

Better.

Much better.
Maybe it's because I grew up in the heart of Habsland but nothing feels better to me than beating Montreal. The Yankee$$$$ could knock the Red Sox out of the Playoffs 50 years in a row or the Lakers could beat the Celtics in the NBA Finals 50 years in a row and my hatred for those 2 organizations still would not be 10% of what I feel for the $#%&@!$#*&% Montreal Canadiens. :ha:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I’ve decided not to post what I was initially going to say and instead will say this…

Ask yourselves how many World Series have the Yankees really cost the Red Sox? I’m not talking about selling you-know-who to New York, but rather on-the-field defeats that actually cost championships. Between 1918 and 2004, how many years did the Red Sox actually have a legitimate shot at that elusive championship? Seven? Eight? Maybe nine? Yeah, the Yankees have 40 American League pennants and 27 World Series championships, but most of those years the Red Sox were a non-factor.

Now ask yourselves how many Stanley Cups the Canadiens have stolen from the Bruins? How many banners would be hanging from our rafters if not for the Habs? The Canadiens’ dynasty was built on the crushed dreams of great Bruins teams that should have won, but were vanquished by Montreal for one reason or another. The Canadiens have beaten the Bruins in 26 of 34 playoff meetings, including a streak of 18 straight.

As Boston sports fans we hate them both. It’s in our collective DNA. But remember that they are NOT the same. We all have our reasons for feeling the way we do about these things, but I implore you to not let the Montreal Canadiens’ recent shit-tastic suckery lull you into getting soft on them.

Maybe it's because I grew up in the heart of Habsland but nothing feels better to me than beating Montreal. The Yankee$$$$ could knock the Red Sox out of the Playoffs 50 years in a row or the Lakers could beat the Celtics in the NBA Finals 50 years in a row and my hatred for those 2 organizations still would not be 10% of what I feel for the $#%&@!$#*&% Montreal Canadiens. :ha:
I don’t know about all that, but I feel you.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Thanks - I probably should get some professional help but when you grow up completely surrounded at home and at school by entitled Montreal fans and you are the only one around cheering for their most hated rivals it's hard not to let that hatred grow to some pretty unsafe levels. :laugh:
I did not come of age behind enemy lines as you did, so I can’t really understand what you went through. But I completely empathize. And I don’t blame you.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Thanks - I probably should get some professional help but when you grow up completely surrounded at home and at school by entitled Montreal fans and you are the only one around cheering for their most hated rivals it's hard not to let that hatred grow to some pretty unsafe levels. :laugh:

I grew up (and still live) in central Connecticut.

So I had plenty of allies against the evil empire. Misery loves company. Always felt great to beat the Yankees. Still does.

For some time now beating the Canadiens to me has just been another win against a team the Bruins should beat.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I did not come of age behind enemy lines as you did, so I can’t really understand what you went through. But I completely empathize. And I don’t blame you.
Behind enemy lines - what a great ( and completely accurate ) way to put it. I'm sure it didn't help my cause when every year I would tell all my friends and family members that this was the season that Boston finally beats Montreal in the Playoffs. Looking back it seemed like Montreal knocked Boston out in the Playoffs every season during the late 70's and through the 80's. Some of my friends felt a bit bad for me but my family had no trouble flaunting the Canadiens superiority in my face. One uncle actually got me a Canadiens t-shirt as a joke Christmas gift one year. I think I was the only one that wasn't laughing. :cry:

Reactions: rfournier103

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What realistic move should they have made that would have dramatically improved this team?
Eovoldi

The Bogearts comp was Campbell who’s on a meteoric rise into BBA top 100 (89) as right bat above average infielder

Also freed Rafaela to get up here

Attachments

• IMG_7094.jpeg
    IMG_7094.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 1

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
“It’s a testament to the organization,” Sox manager Alex Cora said. “Sometimes we get caught up in trying to be somebody else or trying to emulate other organizations. [The All-Star selections are] a reminder that the Red Sox have done it the right way for a while.”

From Speier article

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I’ve decided not to post what I was initially going to say and instead will say this…

Ask yourselves how many World Series have the Yankees really cost the Red Sox? I’m not talking about selling you-know-who to New York, but rather on-the-field defeats that actually cost championships. Between 1918 and 2004, how many years did the Red Sox actually have a legitimate shot at that elusive championship? Seven? Eight? Maybe nine? Yeah, the Yankees have 40 American League pennants and 27 World Series championships, but most of those years the Red Sox were a non-factor.

Now ask yourselves how many Stanley Cups the Canadiens have stolen from the Bruins? How many banners would be hanging from our rafters if not for the Habs? The Canadiens’ dynasty was built on the crushed dreams of great Bruins teams that should have won, but were vanquished by Montreal for one reason or another. The Canadiens have beaten the Bruins in 26 of 34 playoff meetings, including a streak of 18 straight.

As Boston sports fans we hate them both. It’s in our collective DNA. But remember that they are NOT the same. We all have our reasons for feeling the way we do about these things, but I implore you to not let the Montreal Canadiens’ recent shit-tastic suckery lull you into getting soft on them.

I don’t know about all that, but I feel you.

@BostonBob & @rfournier103 you are fans after my own heart!!!!

Reactions: rfournier103

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
back to work tonight;

Sox host the Athletics; Brayan Bello starts;

Worcester hosts Rochester; Jason Alexander starts;

Portland and Hartford @ Dunkin'Park; Dobbins starts;

btw, POR/NH gm that wasn't the Suspended gm from Friday night will now be 9/4/24

Last edited:

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Cora had no business leaving Bello out there that long. Hot as hell tonight and he had thrown a lot of pitches. Let the kid leave feeling good about himself. Just had a day off so bullpen should have been good.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Cora had no business leaving Bello out there that long. Hot as hell tonight and he had thrown a lot of pitches. Let the kid leave feeling good about himself. Just had a day off so bullpen should have been good.

I thought the same thing when he was sent back out.

Reactions: KOZ37

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
As opposed to pulling him giving the message that we still think you are fragile even in a game where they are kicking the crap out of the other team and sending a message of confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad