Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
I have no idea what to think of the Chiefs 49ers game. 49ers open as the favorite which is interesting after what we watched yesterday.

I do feel like the Ravens end up winning that game if Zay Flowers just doesn’t fumble. Baltimore’s defense completely shut the Chiefs down in the 2nd half.

I think Detroit might just be a bad matchup for the 49ers with their elite run defense. The Chiefs have one of the worst run defenses in the league, which makes the Ravens only running 6 times with their RBs yesterday just as dumb as anything Dan Campbell did.

Everyone in the world is going to be betting the Chiefs now after yesterday, but I think it might actually be a good matchup for the 49ers.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I have no idea what to think of the Chiefs 49ers game. 49ers open as the favorite which is interesting after what we watched yesterday.

I do feel like the Ravens end up winning that game if Zay Flowers just doesn’t fumble. Baltimore’s defense completely shut the Chiefs down in the 2nd half.

I think Detroit might just be a bad matchup for the 49ers with their elite run defense. The Chiefs have one of the worst run defenses in the league, which makes the Ravens only running 6 times with their RBs yesterday just as dumb as anything Dan Campbell did.

Everyone in the world is going to be betting the Chiefs now after yesterday, but I think it might actually be a good matchup for the 49ers.
3rd straight game as underdog for Mahomes...has that ever happened? I am sure I will be sitting there during the game thinking wow the Niners might pull this off and then in the end the Chiefs find a way.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I jumped on KC last night +1.5. I think that line will move toward KC being the favorite as we get closer to game time...

Defensively, I think its a wash between the 2 teams. Niners have better WRs, but that's more than offset by Head Coaching and QB advantage to KC.

Spagnolo has shut down two pretty good offenses the past 2 weeks and Brock Purdy doesn't scare me in the slightest.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I jumped on KC last night +1.5. I think that line will move toward KC being the favorite as we get closer to game time...

Defensively, I think its a wash between the 2 teams. Niners have better WRs, but that's more than offset by Head Coaching and QB advantage to KC.

Spagnolo has shut down two pretty good offenses the past 2 weeks and Brock Purdy doesn't scare me in the slightest.

It opened at 3 but went to 1.5 almost immediately.

I think it'll be a pick 'em by game day if not KC favored outright because they're the public team.

Reactions: RoccoF14

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Betters are rich if you simply bet on Chiefs this postseason...probably Nick Wright for one.

Was Spagnoulo a HC one time before? That guy is deserving of another look. Unless he is waiting for Reid to retire.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Betters are rich if you simply bet on Chiefs this postseason...probably Nick Wright for one.

Was Spagnoulo a HC one time before? That guy is deserving of another look. Unless he is waiting for Reid to retire.

Yeah, in St Louis. He went 10-38 over 3 seasons (including 1-15 and 2-14 seasons)

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

These f***ing TV executives and their obsession with crab cakes are ruining football.

LOL. After seeing that spot last night, my wife convinced me to order a half dozen crab cakes from G&M in Baltimore for delivery next weekend. Got the kids coming home and that was their favorite place when we lived in the DC area.

If crab cakes are your thing, G&M is the best. Not cheap, but definitely worth it. All meat, no filler.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
NFL’s first post after Chiefs game. Billionaires gona billionaire
1706578562822.jpeg

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
interesting how all the players like Vareen White Woodhead Blount Edelman amendola Welker Moss etc are all ignored

Since I can't quote it from the other thread, I will address your post here @KrejciMVP. And that is outside of Moss, every single player you listed benefited from playing under Tom Brady. Do they have talent on their own and could have had moderately successful careers without Tom? Sure. I doubt that Vereen, Woodhead, and to a lesser extent Blount would've, but I will grant you that they had enough talent to make Tom's job easier. The fact of the matter is though is that the 2006 season completely derails your entire argument. Besides Troy Brown who was having to pull double duty on offense and defense as well as Kevin Faulk out of the backfield, the Patriots had Doug Gabriel, Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, Kelvin Kight, and Chad Jackson he was throwing to on the outside as well as a disengaged Daniel Graham and a still green Benjamin Watson in the middle at TE to throw to. And Tom Brady elevated the playing ability of every single one of those guys to where he could squeeze blood from a stone and get 24 TDs on 3500+ yards of passing and a QBR of 87.9. That speaks volumes to how good Tom Brady is. He made scrap that no one wanted look good.

This doesn't even begin to account for the players at running back. They had a scrub in Laurence Maroney and an aging Corey Dillon who, while amazingly talented, wouldn't be a bell cow back for much longer in New England.

Tom Brady got performance out of players that Roethlisberger, Eli, Payton, Brees, Rivers, Palmer, Favre, and his other contemporaries at the time couldn't do. FACT. Brady was the engine of the Patriots offense and without him, that 2006 Patriots team would've gone 3-13 with Matt Cassell or Vinny Testaverde under center.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Screenshot_20240130_015825_Twitter.jpg

But yet, when he called out his team and players last year, he was called a spoiled brat who was trying to dress down his teammates.

Funny how that goes, eh? I look forward to him getting a fresh start elsewhere and hope this new regime change helps the next guy coming in. Bill never wanted Mac anyways. Let's hope the new QB, whomever it is, Mayo likes.

Its a long read. But I highly recommend reading.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There’s literal video of Bill asking everybody around him if they’re ok with picking Mac, Idk where this “he didn’t want him” narrative came from

He didn’t give him the support necessary to develop (an actual OC in year 2, WR, OL), but he wasn’t forced into the Mac pick kicking and screaming

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
There’s literal video of Bill asking everybody around him if they’re ok with picking Mac, Idk where this “he didn’t want him” narrative came from

He didn’t give him the support necessary to develop (an actual OC in year 2, WR, OL), but he wasn’t forced into the Mac pick kicking and screaming
It's come out that Bill didn't want Mac in many articles and was forced by Kraft.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Just in general I wouldn't go by any footage of a draft room as an indication of how a decision is ultimately made. What controversial footage gets leaked from draft rooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad