Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I want this Cinderella story to continue for Detroit. I love new, fresh blood in the playoffs. I need them to win!

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I know the analytics support it but i'm on the Belichick conservative side when it comes to going for it on 4th down the majority of the time. You're in a position to kick a field goal and make it a 3 score game and you go for it and fail instead.

If the Lions make it to the super bowl, Dan Campbell is going to do something stupid on 4th down because vibes.

wasn't even inches, just needless risks with the chance to go up 3 scores

Det fell apart after that missed kick

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Ya I don't see how anyone could believe in him going forward. Probably similar to Dak Prescott in that regard. Pencil them in for the playoffs but good luck from there.

Lamar with his playing style is not a good bet to age very well. And quite frankly, he reminds me of Michael Vick. He made the things he did do well look special, but it's simply not getting the job done.

The reason Mahomes is special, is because he has the QB-IQ like a Brady on top of his talent. He obviously makes mistakes as well, but not at the level the other top QB do. If Allen had that ability, he easily (!) would have had the game winning drive last week.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
wasn't even inches, just needless risks with the chance to go up 3 scores

Det fell apart after that missed kick
Being aggressive on 4th down works but you're the underdog, playing on the road and up 14 points. Understand the situation and don't give a team a chance to create momentum with a big stop.

I'm not sure how analytical Dan Campbell is as opposed to just being an aggressive coach but seeing most 4th down attempts get justified by analytics supporting it has made me wait for a moment in a big spot like this.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Being aggressive on 4th down works but you're the underdog, playing on the road and up 14 points. Understand the situation and don't give a team a chance to create momentum with a big stop.

I'm not sure how analytical Dan Campbell is as opposed to just being an aggressive coach but seeing most 4th down attempts get justified by analytics supporting it has made me wait for a moment in a big spot like this.

I don't think he's been consistent. If he goes there on 4th down, why didn't he do the same at the end of the first half? That situation was way more promising to score a TD than on that drive. If anything, I would have done it the other way around.

Reactions: BernieMcAvoy

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I don't think he's been consistent. If he goes there on 4th down, why didn't he do the same at the end of the first half? That situation was way more promising to score a TD than on that drive. If anything, I would have done it the other way around.

Going for it at the end of the half isn't a good idea unless you're way behind and you need points.

Part of the factored in value in going for it at the goal line is that if you don't get it your opponent is pinned deep, making a turnover not only more likely but more valuable (since it might lead to a defensive score). You can also get a safety. And, the most likely outcome, you can also just end up getting the ball back with great field position.

With no time on the clock you lose all that value, which is why you kick.

Now, I also would have kicked the field goal in the third quarter to make it a three score game again. I think a three score lead of any kind in the second half is far greater than the reward of going for it at that part of the field. Not like you're guaranteed seven if you pick it up.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Good luck to me trying to convince myself one of these teams has a chance to beat Mahomes and the Chiefs defense.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Good luck to me trying to convince myself one of these teams has a chance to beat Mahomes and the Chiefs defense.

None of them has a legit chance and neither did the Ravens. The Chiefs already won their SB in Buffalo.

I can't really see a team whose best player is a a RB winning a SB. And especially not against an all time elite QB.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I'm not a hater but i need the Lions to lose this game with their 4th down decisions in the 2nd half

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Dan Campbell is obviously not getting fired and it would be insane to do it, but if i was a Lions fan it would be hard to not want him fired in the moment before cooling off for how he's coached in the 2nd half. Gifted all the momentum to the 49ers because he wants to be different, this is a classic players win games, coaches lose them game.

Reactions: bwunderlich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad