Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ben Johnson CLEARLY wasn’t a suitable interview candidate for the New England job……LOL.

Gonna be fun watching Washington climb out of the dumpster, while NE “maintains stability”.
It was literally written in Mayo’s contract that he was next, that’s why they didn’t have to satisfy the Rooney Rule or interview anybody

It’s not that they didn’t deem him worthy, the position was unavailable

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
It was literally written in Mayo’s contract that he was next, that’s why they didn’t have to satisfy the Rooney Rule or interview anybody

And how f***ing stupid was that?? GUARANTEEING someone a HC job….

Last edited:
Reactions: BigGoalBrad

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Reactions: Alicat

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Halfway through the year ppl thought that guy should win mvp lol
It's a qb award and he was playing well for one of the best teams so it makes sense that the narrative was Purdy being an mvp candidate. McCaffrey is the actual mvp of that team and should be winning the award over Lamar Jackson

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And how f***ing stupid was that?? GUARANTEEING someone a job….
Sure if you wanna get mad about that have at it. I for one will give a guy a shot, it seems like players are pretty excited about the change. You just make it seem like they were like “Ben Johnson? No chance for that scrub” when that wasn’t the case at all.

Reactions: BernieMcAvoy

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Hasn't Ben Johnson been tied to the Washington job since before the Pats job was even open? Does interviewing him even matter if he wasn't going to accept the job anyway?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Tons of cap space, chance to draft a franchise QB but there was no need to try and interview Ben Johnson?

Sure if you wanna get mad about that have at it. I for one will give a guy a shot, it seems like players are pretty excited about the change. You just make it seem like they were like “Ben Johnson? No chance for that scrub” when that wasn’t the case at all.
There is a clear difference between simply giving a guy a shot and acknowledging the Patriots were extremely lazy in the hiring process.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Hasn't Ben Johnson been tied to the Washington job since before the Pats job was even open? Does interviewing him even matter if he wasn't going to accept the job anyway?
You’ll never know, because NE never even tried.

For the record, I’m not a Pats fan…..I just find it laughable that a 4-13 team decided to stay in-house with its head coach and player personnel guys..

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Just because a guy is "tied" to a job doesn't mean you can't kick the tires on him. How do we know he wouldn't accept the job? Nobody knows that.

Umm it may have been written into Mayo's contract but they didn't have to go forward with this plan after a 4-13 season. They could have ripped up those plans.

Exactly this. Shanahan can fix him for a pick. Purdy turned into a pumpkin again.
The problem is Mac's value is next to nothing. You'd probably be lucky to even get a 7th round pick.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
You’ll never know, because NE never even tried.

For the record, I’m not a Pats fan…..I just find it laughable that a 4-13 team decided to stay in-house with its head coach and player personnel guys..

I mean, I've been suggesting they should hire Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik since October. That's what I would have done. But it's just weird to call them out for it now, two weeks after Mayo was hired.

Like, when I see Ben Johnson succeed, my first thought isn't "damn, why didn't we hire him?", it's "damn, I feel bad for the Lions when he leaves in a few weeks".

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
He was in the NFC championship game every year and trash Philly fans never gave him any respect. Their WRs were horrible.

Imagine booing drafting McNabb over Ricky Williams happening now? That fanbase is complete scum.

Reid just curbstomped all the AFC coaches.
The Eagles lost three straight NFC title games at HOME. That is at least a blemish on Reid's resume. But all will be forgotten if he keeps going with Mahomes.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I mean, I've been suggesting they should hire Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik since October. That's what I would have done. But it's just weird to call them out for it now, two weeks after Mayo was hired.

Like, when I see Ben Johnson succeed, my first thought isn't "damn, why didn't we hire him?", it's "damn, I feel bad for the Lions when he leaves in a few weeks".
I don't think this is just popping up now. I have heard plenty of people criticize the decision to just give Mayo the job without doing a real coaching search.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If there is a franchise that could lose a 24-7 halftime lead to go to the SB it would be the Lions...

I have close family members in Detroit suburbs so certainly rooting for them.

Reactions: RoccoF14

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I’m tired of hearing what a great player Lamar Jackson is, he blows in the playoffs…
Ya I don't see how anyone could believe in him going forward. Probably similar to Dak Prescott in that regard. Pencil them in for the playoffs but good luck from there.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Ya I don't see how anyone could believe in him going forward. Probably similar to Dak Prescott in that regard. Pencil them in for the playoffs but good luck from there.

Yup, both guys have fairly earned the doubts now. Doesn't mean they can't or won't come through, but that's just how it works.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I know the analytics support it but i'm on the Belichick conservative side when it comes to going for it on 4th down the majority of the time. You're in a position to kick a field goal and make it a 3 score game and you go for it and fail instead.

If the Lions make it to the super bowl, Dan Campbell is going to do something stupid on 4th down because vibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad