Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 2: Pats have 3rd pick. Mayo new HC. Where does Belichick land? Bill O'Brien to leave Patriots for Ohio State OC job

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Nah. After that game last night, I’m off the Niner train. Green Bay out played them. A bad spot and a shitty GB kicker was the difference between the Niners playing golf this winter. Purdy was awful against a bad defense.

I’m in Vegas right now and I’m hammering the Lions with the points.
Niners were just rusty. Essentially hadn't played in 3-weeks.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Not sure who to cheer between the Ravens and Chiefs, I have never liked Baltimore and really don't like Jackson, but on the other hand the Chiefs losing would mean no more Taylor Twit shots in whatever private suite she is in.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Not sure who to cheer between the Ravens and Chiefs, I have never liked Baltimore and really don't like Jackson, but on the other hand the Chiefs losing would mean no more Taylor Twit shots in whatever private suite she is in.

I'm hoping Raven's go all the way, because the Lamar hype will be at its peak and I can offload his rookies cards I have before the value dips back down :laugh:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Man I agree with you 9/10 but if they took a rookie qb, might as well just keep Mac as the starter in the meantime while the rookie sits. (If Mac can handle that mentally)

Cousins and Mayfield, meh. If Mac is just the meantime.

I just don't see the point in either of those guys.
@Johnnyduke although if they did keep Mac they would have to pick up his 5th year option wouldn't they. . .? I forgot about that in my half drunken stuper.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
What would that cost them? Because even a backup QB can cost you like 10 million or so. Depends on the route you go.
I can purchase my quarterback for two million maybe. Student-athlete type you understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnyduke

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The more I think about it the more I think Mac will be here--for training camp anyway. You'd be trading him at an all time low. I could see them bringing him back for camp, pumping up how great he looks and then maybe seeing if someone needs a backup QB. I honestly wouldn't even care if he's starting while a rookie QB sits behind him. I don't need a rookie QB starting day 1 if he isn't ready. But this all depends on if the Pats go after a vet like Cousins. If they're going after Mayfield and Cousins then Mac is certainly on his way out.

he could also mentor the new QB and show him how the game is played

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

This storyline is confusing to me because just last week Robert said Bill controlled how much the organization spent. Isn't it also out there that the Pats haven't spent like other teams? Is the interpretation supposed to be that Bill chose not to spend as much as he could because he feared he cap ramifications? Maybe Bill's approach to cap management is outdated, something Bedard has alluded to. Perhaps Robyn Glaser is the new capologist!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This storyline is confusing to me because just last week Robert said Bill controlled how much the organization spent. Isn't it also out there that the Pats haven't spent like other teams? Is the interpretation supposed to be that Bill chose not to spend as much as he could because he feared he cap ramifications? Maybe Bill's approach to cap management is outdated, something Bedard has alluded to. Perhaps Robyn Glaser is the new capologist!
Robyn is the bizarro world Ernie Adams

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
It'd be hilarious if nobody hired him to coach and he took the year off or went to a studio gig.

If he doesn't get hired this year, I'd be willing to put money on him never coaching again. Not that he wouldn't be interested, but the things standing in his way now are age and roster control/team power dynamic, and those aren't going to get better with time.

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Mel Kiper, Jr.'s first Mock Draft has the Patriots selecting Drake Maye at #3 after Caleb Williams and Jayden Daniels go #1 and #2 respectively.
Acceptable. I'm still team Harrison but if we got Maye I'm okay. I don't want Daniels and Williams won't fall to 3 unless he hurts himself at the combine.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Acceptable. I'm still team Harrison but if we got Maye I'm okay. I don't want Daniels and Williams won't fall to 3 unless he hurts himself at the combine.
Not sure I understand the Daniels hate.

On the surface, he completes a high percentage of his passes, and he doesn't turn the ball over. Maybe doesn't have quite as much arm talent as Williams or Maye, but he certainly has more than someone like Mac Jones, with the added ability to make plays with his legs.

Would I take him ahead of Williams or Maye? Probably not. Is he an unreasonable pick at #3? It doesn't seem like it.

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

On the surface, he completes a high percentage of his passes, and he doesn't turn the ball over. Maybe doesn't have quite as much arm talent as Williams or Maye, but he certainly has more than someone like Mac Jones, with the added ability to make plays with his legs.

Would I take him ahead of Williams or Maye? Probably not. Is he an unreasonable pick at #3? It doesn't seem like it.
The pro comps I'm reading peg him as a name brand Tyrod Taylor. He won the Heisman and can run and pass a bit, but so did and so could Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston. I don't think he'll be a bad pro at all but it's just not an efficient use of the #3 pick when he's the 4th best talent on the board.

I just think MHJ is generational at his position and Maye is a tier above Daniels to the point where I'd be disappointed if they took him.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The pro comps I'm reading peg him as a name brand Tyrod Taylor. He won the Heisman and can run and pass a bit, but so did and so could Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston. I don't think he'll be a bad pro at all but it's just not an efficient use of the #3 pick when he's the 4th best talent on the board.

I just think MHJ is generational at his position and Maye is a tier above Daniels to the point where I'd be disappointed if they took him.

Maye is Mitch Trubisky 2.0

He's a statue that struggled against a bad ACC

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA

I really like Jayden Daniels, but I think Marvin Harrison has a 99% chance to be a star in the NFL, while Jayden Daniels has like a 40% chance.

Both positions are our biggest area of need, so why not just take the guy who is pretty close to a lock?

Jayden Daniels looked great throwing to Nabers and Thomas, but how is he going to look throwing to JuJu and Parker? My worry is that no one is going to look good throwing to those guys, and people will just be calling for Daniels’ head in 2 years.

Reactions: Mione134

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

he had a great deep ball this year too

Tyrod Taylor is his floor imo and that’s a great floor to have (people forget he was 22-20 as the bills qb with a 51/16 TD/INT)

Hell I’d sign Taylor for the QB room too

Daniels has a good arm that’s only going to get stronger as he adds muscle to his lanky frame. That’s my only concern with him. You’re better off drafting a good qb than an elite WR imo

The final 4 QBs are 3 1st rounders and a guy surrounded by what may be the greatest collection of offensive talent since the Greatest Show on Turf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad