Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 2: Pats have 3rd pick. Mayo new HC. Where does Belichick land? Bill O'Brien to leave Patriots for Ohio State OC job

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Baltimore is better but Lamar can be gameplanned by a good DC.

I think the 49ers win the Superbowl still
Nah. After that game last night, I’m off the Niner train. Green Bay out played them. A bad spot and a shitty GB kicker was the difference between the Niners playing golf this winter. Purdy was awful against a bad defense.

I’m in Vegas right now and I’m hammering the Lions with the points.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Nah. After that game last night, I’m off the Niner train. Green Bay out played them. A bad spot and a shitty GB kicker was the difference between the Niners playing golf this winter. Purdy was awful against a bad defense.

I’m in Vegas right now and I’m hammering the Lions with the points.
Yeahhh niners didn't look so hot against Green Bay.

Why I said earlier the Ravens have a visible path to the Super Bowl.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Could feel the choke coming in some way but they kept overcoming it. The near picks from Allen, the terrible fake punt, the Allen fumble, and then finally the missed FG put a bow on it.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I honestly don't see any of the remaining QBs beating the Chiefs. My hope is that it's not that simple and that one of these defenses can get to Mahomes. Maybe I am underrating Baltimore's defense. I just don't believe in Lamar Jackson until I see it.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I honestly don't see any of the remaining QBs beating the Chiefs. My hope is that it's not that simple and that one of these defenses can get to Mahomes. Maybe I am underrating Baltimore's defense. I just don't believe in Lamar Jackson until I see it.

Baltimore is legit. San Fran, too. And Detroit could definitely outscore them in a shootout.

Reactions: Carbonated Puck

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Josh Allen is still the best bad quarterback I've ever seen.
I don't think he's bad the way you mean it. Even tonight he hit some downfield throws that guys dropped. I would like to go back and see if he could have stepped into that late game throw to end zone where it came up short.

At same time his fumble easily could have sealed it for KC.

Buffalo never should have handed off to RB late in game though. If you wanna try to kill some clock your best option is just running Allen instead on designed keepers.

Reactions: EverettMike

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is toxic

Last edited:

Babajingo

Reese, Fauria and Burton are such Patriots ballwashers. Let's see, beginning of the season, Bill O'Brien was the savior. Jones will have a career season.
Now, Jones couldn't start for Saugus HS and O'Brien is gone. But Mayo is a great choice and needs to pick his own people. How much does Kraft pay these clowns?

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
Reese, Fauria and Burton are such Patriots ballwashers. Let's see, beginning of the season, Bill O'Brien was the savior. Jones will have a career season.
Now, Jones couldn't start for Saugus HS and O'Brien is gone. But Mayo is a great choice and needs to pick his own people. How much does Kraft pay these clowns?
Just wait until the Patriots somehow bring Jones back and those three talk about Jones in favorable terms again

• Haha
Reactions: McGarnagle

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The more I think about it the more I think Mac will be here--for training camp anyway. You'd be trading him at an all time low. I could see them bringing him back for camp, pumping up how great he looks and then maybe seeing if someone needs a backup QB. I honestly wouldn't even care if he's starting while a rookie QB sits behind him. I don't need a rookie QB starting day 1 if he isn't ready. But this all depends on if the Pats go after a vet like Cousins. If they're going after Mayfield and Cousins then Mac is certainly on his way out.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
The more I think about it the more I think Mac will be here--for training camp anyway. You'd be trading him at an all time low. I could see them bringing him back for camp, pumping up how great he looks and then maybe seeing if someone needs a backup QB. I honestly wouldn't even care if he's starting while a rookie QB sits behind him. I don't need a rookie QB starting day 1 if he isn't ready. But this all depends on if the Pats go after a vet like Cousins. If they're going after Mayfield and Cousins then Mac is certainly on his way out.
Man I agree with you 9/10 but if they took a rookie qb, might as well just keep Mac as the starter in the meantime while the rookie sits. (If Mac can handle that mentally)

Cousins and Mayfield, meh. If Mac is just the meantime.

I just don't see the point in either of those guys.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Despite being very critical of the Pats at times, even F and M come of as shills for the Pats at times too. For example, that phony popularity survey they usually do in early fall that always puts that Pats at number one with a bullet is one of their worst segments. Goodness knows they talk about them enough also....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad