Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I bet he gets a 6 year deal at $4m per. Either that or what Satan said with 7x$3m

It's interesting we haven't heard anything regarding Duchene yet. Nothing around the Stars or the league.

Feels like he is coming back

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone seen any rumors regarding Matt Roy?

Or Zadorov?

Feels like those guys have hardly been talked about.

Tough to see us getting either of them but still not heard anything

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The D market has a lot of names on it, but the good names are both drying up and getting more expensive.

Probably looking at Nill sifting the discount bin while also trying to convince us a bottom pair of Lundkvist and a 20 year of Bichsel is something he's happy with.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So here are the defensive options which don't seem to have a destination truly connected to them yet (for example: Pesce connected to NJ)

RD:
Montour
Barrie
Dumba
Walker
Carrier
Roy
DeAngelo
Shattenkirk
Schultz
Erik Johnson
Lyubushkin

LD:
Zadorov
Martinez
Brodie
Dillon
Gostisbehere (Detroit seems likely though still)
Edmundson
OEL
Giordano
Gustafsson
Cole
Kulikov

Guys already linked to other teams:
Pesce
Skjei
Tanev (duh)

Have to assume that Carolina and Vancouver take at least one (probably 2) each of the bigger names. Florida and Toronto grab a dman or 2 as well. We obviously need at least 2.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I can’t see Lindell playing bottom pair. I think they will get a 1 RHD and a bigger more physical bottom pair guy.

Last edited:

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Remember that Kulikov was the one who took out Seguins knee a few years ago and started his perpetual injury downfall. Not sure if Nill cares about that or not but we'll see

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I think they like the idea of having the up and coming elite top pairing of Harley-Heiskanen, then compliment that with a heavy shut-down 2nd pairing of Lindell-xx (Roy/tanev type big RHD)

Gut feel they would then want to start to season with a cheap but effective veteran LD to play with Nils with Petro now as the Injury call up.

Hoping by mid-way through season Bischel forces his way in.

Then the trade deadline ready for if they need more. (An 8th veteran defenseman)

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Won't be surprised to see Alec Martinez end up in Dallas next week.

Nill will want to replace Pavelski's locker room presence, Martinez does that while also filling the hole Suter left. Plus the PDB connection.

Add Carrier (if the rumor is true) and Bourque up front, Martinez and Roy/Pesce on the backend, a backup goalie not named Wedgewood and we're pretty solid going into the season. Add what you need at the deadline.

Wish we'd just drop Faksa already but doesn't look like that's happening.

Reactions: catters078

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Harley's definitely gonna be another late offseason signing.

Nill will obviously carve out a bit of space for him, but he's gonna use every penny he can to bolster the roster via UFA.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
So if we are resigning Duchene and assuming he is our only top 9 signing, which line makes the sacrifice to bolster the top line?

Putting Stank there gives you the best possible first line outside of moving Wyatt up there but I think he needs to center his own line. I think I like this option the best because 1) it keeps that third line together which allows us to get the best out of Mush and Seguin, and 2) I think Mav would fit in on line 2 quite nicely.

Robo - Hintz - Stank
Benn - Wyatt - Mav
Mush - Duchene - Seguin

If you move Seguin up there, you break up that third line. I think removing Seguin from the third line just hurts it too much unless Mav really gels with them.

Robo - Hintz - Seguin
Benn - Wyatt - Stank
Mush - Duchene - Mav

Last option, you keep lines 2 and 3 together and just plug Mav in the top RW spot. I don’t mind the idea but I don’t see it happening until Mav gets more experience.

Robo - Hintz - Mav
Benn - Wyatt - Stank
Mush - Duchene - Seguin

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
So if we are resigning Duchene and assuming he is our only top 9 signing, which line makes the sacrifice to bolster the top line?

Putting Stank there gives you the best possible first line outside of moving Wyatt up there but I think he needs to center his own line. I think I like this option the best because 1) it keeps that third line together which allows us to get the best out of Mush and Seguin, and 2) I think Mav would fit in on line 2 quite nicely.

Robo - Hintz - Stank
Benn - Wyatt - Mav
Mush - Duchene - Seguin

If you move Seguin up there, you break up that third line. I think removing Seguin from the third line just hurts it too much unless Mav really gels with them.

Robo - Hintz - Seguin
Benn - Wyatt - Stank
Mush - Duchene - Mav

Last option, you keep lines 2 and 3 together and just plug Mav in the top RW spot. I don’t mind the idea but I don’t see it happening until Mav gets more experience.

Robo - Hintz - Mav
Benn - Wyatt - Stank
Mush - Duchene - Seguin
I'd like to give #3 a try to start, then fall back to #1 if needed.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I wonder how Robo - Hintz - Duchene would work

Then go with:

Marchment - Johnston - Seguin
Benn - Bourque - Stankoven

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad