Speculation: 2024 Off-season Team Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
You've requested realistic predictions, so that leaves me out. All my predictions are unrealistic like Stenlund getting at least 15 goals.
Ya ill be curious to see. Utah has some extremely impressive youth and I'll be curious which player/players end up excelling more than others and start becoming studs next season.

Is 60 points maybe a realistic number if he plays all 82 games?? I'm very curious... I'm very excited to see what happens with Utah next season

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Ya ill be curious to see. Utah has some extremely impressive youth and I'll be curious which player/players end up excelling more than others and start becoming studs next season.

Is 60 points maybe a realistic number if he plays all 82 games?? I'm very curious... I'm very excited to see what happens with Utah next season
60 points is more likely his max potential. At this point I’ll be very happy if he has a career similar to Mikael Backlund. I’m expecting 35ish points this season. Hope I’m wrong.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Why would the Preds want Vejmelka?
They wouldn't. They have a better backup in Wedgewood and no cause to take on a $2.7m cap hit.

“They’re looking for either an established NHL player that makes sense to acquire for Askarov or another high-ceiling prospect that is not a goalie,” Friedman said.

So established NHL players...
Crouse, Kerfoot?

High-ceiling prospect that is not a goalie...
Simashev, Lamoreaux, But?

Askarov will require pain, and he would be a nice to have but he would not be someone I would want to spend significant assets for particularly when we have a pretty high level goalie prospect in Hrabal.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
They wouldn't. They have a better backup in Wedgewood and no cause to take on a $2.7m cap hit.

“They’re looking for either an established NHL player that makes sense to acquire for Askarov or another high-ceiling prospect that is not a goalie,” Friedman said.

So established NHL players...
Crouse, Kerfoot?

High-ceiling prospect that is not a goalie...
Simashev, Lamoreaux, But?

Askarov will require pain, and he would be a nice to have but he would not be someone I would want to spend significant assets for particularly when we have a pretty high level goalie prospect in Hrabal.
Askarov does not have anywhere near the value of Simashev, Lamoureux (that is closer but UHC should not be trading him) or But and GM Bill is certainly not trading Crouse for a backup goalie.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Since the Habs acquired Laine and currently over the cap by a little over $2M, maybe Savard (on an expiring contract) will be available. They have a couple of RHDs (Mailloux and Reinbacher) almost NHL ready. More than likely they'll move Barron instead and start the season with 21 but Savard may be available later in the season.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Since the Habs acquired Laine and currently over the cap by a little over $2M, maybe Savard (on an expiring contract) will be available. They have a couple of RHDs (Mailloux and Reinbacher) almost NHL ready. More than likely they'll move Barron instead and start the season with 21 but Savard may be available later in the season.
I wouldn’t mind adding Barron. Him and Kesselring could battle all season for 6/7th spot. Injuries are inevitable.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I wouldn’t mind adding Barron. Him and Kesselring could battle all season for 6/7th spot. Injuries are inevitable.
That would bring up the question about Kolyachonok and Soderstrom. Go with 8 D, keep Kolyachonok, and send Doan down, at least for the beginning of the season? If Utah does that, then I hope he plays the #1C in Tucson, in case Hayton regresses.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
That would bring up the question about Kolyachonok and Soderstrom. Go with 8 D, keep Kolyachonok, and send Doan down, at least for the beginning of the season? If Utah does that, then I hope he plays the #1C in Tucson, in case Hayton regresses.
Soderstrom isn’t under contract and I suspect he never will be again. Kolyachonok and is LD and Barron is RD. I’m fine with sending Kolyachonok down until injuries occur on LD.

IronFinn

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
Are the Habs really over the cap? They are going to LTIR Price and his $10.5M again.

Reactions: Mosby

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I can see UtHC being buyers this season...
For a relatively cheap RHD.
Will Borgen is on an expiring contract?
After the Bortuzzo signing, I have officially changed my prediction. But we'll see how the season progresses...
Liking this group.
The top3 forward lines will be formidable, while the 4th is a dynamic shut down line.
The defense is so improved from last season.
This homer wants to predict UtHC will get the President Cup, but it's way too early to spew that nonsense. I'll stick with just saying they'll be the biggest surprise of the early season.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Are we going to trade Shea Weber to the CBJs? Their situation sucks and it would allow the league to not have to get involve with the BJs reaching the floor.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Are we going to trade Shea Weber to the CBJs? Their situation sucks and it would allow the league to not have to get involve with the BJs reaching the floor.
Lets let dust settle but if i am columbus i offer futures for Huberdeau at 30% retention

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
League should just say that the they can use as little or as much of that cap hit as they like through the life of the contract and make that a rule for any such case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad