Speculation: 2024 Off-season Team Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Doug Armstrong has never been a scout at any level, though. When talking about the drafted players, that’s Bill’s wheelhouse.
Clearly BA was part of the team, and an integral part, but I'm going to have to differ with the Clean Hits crew and suggest that Doug Armstrong would be the architect. BA deserves a large slice of the credit but the actual GM is the guy that puts it all together.
Cory's point stands - BA played a large role in putting the team (particularly drafted players together) but I'm picking nits with calling him the architect.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Clearly BA was part of the team, and an integral part, but I'm going to have to differ with the Clean Hits crew and suggest that Doug Armstrong would be the architect. BA deserves a large slice of the credit but the actual GM is the guy that puts it all together.
Cory's point stands - BA played a large role in putting the team (particularly drafted players together) but I'm picking nits with calling him the architect.
It took quite a few trades to get that Blues team over the finish line, I suspect the GM played a large role in those.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Also when you think of all the great hockey teams in history.. nobody says the Blues. I believe the year they won the cup they almost missed the playoffs.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Also when you think of all the great hockey teams in history.. nobody says the Blues. I believe the year they won the cup they almost missed the playoffs.
Before winning they were like the Sharks, perennial contenders who just couldn't seem to get over the hump.

Reactions: Jakey53

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
(Because I am bored...)

St Louis was tied for 4th most points in Western conference.
45-28-9 99 points

Beat the following in playoffs:
4-2 Over Winnipeg
4-3 Over Dallas
4-2 Over San Jose
4-3 Over Boston

Notable Player Playoff Stats:
Ryan O'Reilly 23pts
Jaden Schwartz 20
Alex Pietrangelo 19
Vlad Tarasenko 17

Jordan Binnington 16 Wins (rookie record) .914 2.46 1560 mins (most in playoffs)

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
(Because I am bored...)

St Louis was tied for 4th most points in Western conference.
45-28-9 99 points

Beat the following in playoffs:
4-2 Over Winnipeg
4-3 Over Dallas
4-2 Over San Jose
4-3 Over Boston

Notable Player Playoff Stats:
Ryan O'Reilly 23pts
Jaden Schwartz 20
Alex Pietrangelo 19
Vlad Tarasenko 17

Jordan Binnington 16 Wins (rookie record) .914 2.46 1560 mins (most in playoffs)
I believe that they were like in 12th OA (?) at the all star break...

RABBIT

AKA Turd Ferguson
Willing to help the Oil out of their mess
Kolyachonok for Broberg

They can probably take the 2nd for Broberg and then grab Koly for free.

Also, I think there might be trade protection after a player signs an offer sheet.
Yep. Can’t trade for a player under an active offer sheet and if matched, the player has trade protection for 1 year

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Posted before about adopting the UHC as my west coast team for this year. Will be there for the first Flyers-Utah game.

A buddy of mine was telling me to really expect Hayton to turn the corner this year and that last year was an injury ridden season. What's the consensus with Hayton? Is he a true-blue 2C? What's the upside, as well as the concern there

(also expect to see me here regularly throughout the season)

Reactions: che and PuckLife

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Posted before about adopting the UHC as my west coast team for this year. Will be there for the first Flyers-Utah game.

A buddy of mine was telling me to really expect Hayton to turn the corner this year and that last year was an injury ridden season. What's the consensus with Hayton? Is he a true-blue 2C? What's the upside, as well as the concern there

You're asking too early. I would say he is the biggest question mark heading into camp. I do get the impression that his injuries are behind him because GMBA didn't acquire a top 6 forward this off season and didn't try either.

I've said in the past if you don't have a true #1 line, then you should try to get 3 #2s, and a good shut down line and I think they are close to that at the moment.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Flip a coin. We’re all wondering what will happen with him this season. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up a 55+ point two way beast nor a 30pt ok forgettable player.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What is everyone's realistic predictions for Guenthers stat line for next season???

I will have to say I was shocked to see his production last season in the NHL. I have seen him play a ton throughout his junior career and I'll admit I had my concerns about his NHL potential. I honestly thought he would need atleast a couple seasons in the AHL to get stronger.

Seeing him finish with 35 points in 45 games last year was a pleasant surprise.

I'm happy I was wrong and it looks like he is already excelling!

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
What is everyone's realistic predictions for Guenthers stat line for next season???

I will have to say I was shocked to see his production last season in the NHL. I have seen him play a ton throughout his junior career and I'll admit I had my concerns about his NHL potential. I honestly thought he would need atleast a couple seasons in the AHL to get stronger.

Seeing him finish with 35 points in 45 games last year was a pleasant surprise.

I'm happy I was wrong and it looks like he is already excelling!
You've requested realistic predictions, so that leaves me out. All my predictions are unrealistic like Stenlund getting at least 15 goals.

• Haha
Reactions: Heldig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad