Matvei Michkov vs. Ivan Demidov; who will be better?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will be better?

• Total voters

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Between this SICK michigan from Michkov and Demidov’s SCORCHING 1 point in 4 KHL games it’s safe to say these guys are not overhyped.

So demidov made the SKA team despite only having a year left on his contract, the same team michkov couldn't make with 3 years left, but michkov is unquestionably better because he did a fancy move in practice?

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
So demidov made the SKA team despite only having a year left on his contract, the same team michkov couldn't make with 3 years left, but michkov is unquestionably better because he did a fancy move in practice?
Did you actually watch the video ? He flubbed it . He’s better because he’s more skilled and has the higher hockey iq . This video though is not evidence of that

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Uhh.. I think you misread. I think both guys are overhyped as hell.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Agree,
That demidov is a step down caliber wise as a prospect he looks to be an elite offensive play driving winger but the others are seen as franchise cornerstones
I don’t think he’s a cornerstone either, I dont know for sure if he’ll be a play driver either, he’s an elite prospect as it stands. 1 point in 4 KHL games and it was a drop off pass where someone made an amazing shot. It’s almost like it’s hard to score in the KHL where Michkov had historic seasons as an 18-19 year old. The gap will continue to grow as I said, months ago. Just because one fan base tries to speak it into existence doesn’t make it real life.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Between this SICK michigan from Michkov and Demidov’s SCORCHING 1 point in 4 KHL games it’s safe to say these guys are not overhyped.
We’ll certainly see soon how effective this MHL—>KHL—>NHL progression really is and how well these player’s skill sets transfer to the big leagues.

I know nothing about prospects but I thought it was interesting that Chicago, a team full of holes that easily could’ve drafted a dynamic scoring winger, passed on him. Then ANH went for a Dman. Then CBJ went for a big and injury-prone center.

I don’t believe for a second these NHL GMs are legitimately worried about these Russian kids being able to come over. They must all see something they don’t like.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I personally think Demidov will be better than Fantilli and Carlsson but not as good as Michkov.
He might be more offensively productive than Carlsson and fantilli but I think they end up all situations ppg centers to me its like taking a Kopitar and a toews over a Rick Nash or Kovalchuk who were great individual talents but weren't quite good enough to be franchise cornerstones to win the cup

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He might be more offensively productive than Carlsson and fantilli but I think they end up all situations ppg centers to me its like taking a Kopitar and a toews over a Rick Nash or Kovalchuk who were great individual talents but weren't quite good enough to be franchise cornerstones to win the cup

They will be something like Eichel i.e. a very good 1C, but not as good as, say, Kaprizov.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
They will be something like Eichel i.e. a very good 1C, but not as good as, say, Kaprizov.
I think they both end up better than eichel but eichel had to deal with injuries but showed he was an elite 1 center in the 19-20 season and soon after had another injury that would lead to the trade although he requested prior. He was showing he was an elite producer and realizing his potential he showed great improvement defensively though while still being a ppg but health altogether has what has held him back from realizing ceiling he was a èxplosive center who could pick corners off the rush, one time it, dangle or make tape to tape passes to anyone but the 2nd high ankle sprain than the neck oinjury took that away I feel like fantilli has that potential to be a 90 point power center who produces and provides great defense Carlsson however has physical gifts as well as a high iq with good defensive instincts a potential barkov/pettersson hybrid I take both those guys over kaprizov or panarin only slightly but I take kucherov above both those which is where I have michkov and these are in terms where I use them as comparables for where I rank them against eachother in terms of prospects demidov would be a great no.2 or 3 puck but the others have 1.oa qualities

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad