Matvei Michkov vs. Ivan Demidov; who will be better?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will be better?

• Total voters

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Didn’t see the post but not sure id go that far . He’s a huge talent but what rookies have gone ppg over the past decade ? Mcdavid obviously ( half year but still ) , not sure how old Panarin was or whether he fits the criteria . I’m sure I’m missing someone obvious. Maybe Barzal ? I remember him having a great year then kinda plateauing
Very few did. Ovechkin also did it. Even a 60 points season would be a huge accomplishment for a 19 years old. Again, not many can say they had 60+ points season before they turn 20

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I don’t think Michkov will go ppg his rookie year, but also I wouldn’t be completely flabbergasted if he did. I think the Vegas over/under or whatever is at like 48 points, I’d be shocked if he doesn’t eclipse that, he’ll be on PP1 and play with some decent players, health will be a factor, but he’s built like a fire hydrant we’ll see. Most of my confidence not only comes from his talent level but just that he’s been playing against grown men for years, the adjustment is going to be a bit quicker for him vice other high level talents coming out of juniors making the jump right to the NHL. I’m very curious to see this Calder race with Celebrini.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I don’t think Michkov will go ppg his rookie year, but also I wouldn’t be completely flabbergasted if he did. I think the Vegas over/under or whatever is at like 48 points, I’d be shocked if he doesn’t eclipse that, he’ll be on PP1 and play with some decent players, health will be a factor, but he’s built like a fire hydrant we’ll see. Most of my confidence not only comes from his talent level but just that he’s been playing against grown men for years, the adjustment is going to be a bit quicker for him vice other high level talents coming out of juniors making the jump right to the NHL. I’m very curious to see this Calder race with Celebrini.
Agreed . The Sharks are starting to accumulate a wealth of talent . Smith and Celebrini down the middle could be Studly .

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
This doesnt make much sense, you guys haven't even had a player putting up numbers like a Giroux for how long? And I'm here to say Giroux is nowhere near the talent Michkov is at the same age and I tracked him closely way before the NHL, help me to understand your logic.
My logic is that I am a Flyers fan. I have been one since the early 80s. The Flyers have bad things happen to them or they just do dumb things. This is how it works for them. Claude Giroux is the outlier. he was able to achieve in spite of the Flyers curse. I have long lists of issues with the Flyers if you would like me to list my 40-plus year grievances.

The Flyers are notoriously bad at developing prospects. Typically the prospects are worse than advertised or at best become what they were supposed to. Maybe you could argue that Konecny is better than he was suppsoed to be, but he is basically as good as his upside was advertised. For a team that had the number 1 ranked prospect pool by THN a few years ago, this team has sure underachieved.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
My logic is that I am a Flyers fan. I have been one since the early 80s. The Flyers have bad things happen to them or they just do dumb things. This is how it works for them. Claude Giroux is the outlier. he was able to achieve in spite of the Flyers curse. I have long lists of issues with the Flyers if you would like me to list my 40-plus year grievances.

The Flyers are notoriously bad at developing prospects. Typically the prospects are worse than advertised or at best become what they were supposed to. Maybe you could argue that Konecny is better than he was suppsoed to be, but he is basically as good as his upside was advertised. For a team that had the number 1 ranked prospect pool by THN a few years ago, this team has sure underachieved.

I get it, and I don't question your experience and frustration with the Flyers and their development issues. My quarrel is that Michkov is so good how do you mess him up? The guy is simply one of the best prospects that I've watched outside the generational guys, I just think he hits irregardless of anything the Flyers do, I think the right question is now is will they surround him with the right pieces. I'm praying Briere can figure it out, but it's unlikely since the teams front office is a bunch of dinosaurs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad