Speculation: 2024 Off-season Team Discussion

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
My wife is finding me annoying tonight so she told me to hang out with you guys instead.

What should we do? Talk about who's gonna have a big year? My vote is for Guenther.
Question is how many goals for Guenther...I know he's going to hit over 30, but can he reach 40, possibly more?

assumes he's healthy the entire year (154 games or better)

0-9 (0%)
10-19 (2%)
20-29 (10%)
30-39 (80%)
40-49 (7%)
50+ (1%)

Reactions: Grimes

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Question is how many goals for Guenther...I know he's going to hit over 30, but can he reach 40, possibly more?

assumes he's healthy the entire year (154 games or better)

0-9 (0%)
10-19 (2%)
20-29 (10%)
30-39 (80%)
40-49 (7%)
50+ (1%)
25-35 would be the expectation for this season. There is potential for more but that shouldn't be the expectation.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
As a Flyers fan living in Vegas who hates the Knights, I think I want to adopt the UHC as my 2nd team for this year. So update me if you guys please!

Which prospects make the show this year that we're meant to be excited about? Doan? Guenther? Maverick?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Another bold prediction: Stenlund will get at least 15 Gs this season (a lot will be deflections off of body parts). That's why I earlier said he'll have a career year. He'll be a fan favorite!

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
As a Flyers fan living in Vegas who hates the Knights, I think I want to adopt the UHC as my 2nd team for this year. So update me if you guys please!

Which prospects make the show this year that we're meant to be excited about? Doan? Guenther? Maverick?
Maverick is likely staying in Tucson. Doan will stick and Guenther has a bunch of homers already gloating about him if you read this thread. And you should sign up for "Clean Hits" too (yes, another plug).

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Here's another one.
Hayton's play this year will make Jakey give praise to him ( this may be my most outlandish prediction yet).

A safer prediction: Keller will not get traded to Toronto
I would love to give Hayton praise.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Just seen people saying he may be in the AHL to start the year. Can't see that happening.
I like Doan better than Carcone. But Doan is waiver exempt and Tourigny loves Carcone. So if everyone is healthy, there’s a shot Doan goes to Tucson to start the season. It’s not what I want. It’s not what any of us want. But it could happen.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I like Doan better than Carcone. But Doan is waiver exempt and Tourigny loves Carcone. So if everyone is healthy, there’s a shot Doan goes to Tucson to start the season. It’s not what I want. It’s not what any of us want. But it could happen.
Can not believe O’Brien got a 3 year extension just because he called himself spicy tuna to the new Utah crowd. At most, he should’ve received a 1 year extension. Now Doan and Guenther will more than likely have to sit in the press box while Tourigny puts his favorites LOB and Carcone in because of “matchups” from time to time.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Doan will start the season with Utah
They will go with 14Fs and 7Ds
They will not acquire Ceci from the Oil
The roster is pretty much set to start the season

All other talk it seems to me is click bait for Clean Hits!

• Haha
Reactions: Half Clapper

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Can not believe O’Brien got a 3 year extension just because he called himself spicy tuna to the new Utah crowd. At most, he should’ve received a 1 year extension. Now Doan and Guenther will more than likely have to sit in the press box while Tourigny puts his favorites LOB and Carcone in because of “matchups” from time to time.
I’m not so worried about LOB, personally. If there’s one player who I don’t mind being scratched more often than not, it’s him. Wouldn’t want a younger player to be the constant healthy scratch.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I’m not so worried about LOB, personally. If there’s one player who I don’t mind being scratched more often than not, it’s him. Wouldn’t want a younger player to be the constant healthy scratch.
Oh I agree completely. But this type of player shouldn’t receive a 3 year contract. Was mainly taking the moment to bitch about signing LOB to a 3 year contract. Haha

Reactions: rt and Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
His play will dictate where he plays. If he is anywhere near his play of last year I don't see Doan in Tucson. He was only playing 12 TOI last year. He's a Doan and I expect his overall game to be better this year than last.

Reactions: rt

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
If I'm not mistaken, Vancouver fans said Cole was fine but over played, would have been better suited with 3rd line minutes. He can also play both sides. I'd be looking to add another top 4 LD and pushing Cole to the 3rd pair with Valimaki.

Sergachev is an offensive dman with passable defense. There may be some upside in his defensive game, but by no means should anyone expect him to shut down other players/teams with any level of regularity.

~~~~ I was never here oooooOoOo ~~~~
Also worth noting that Cole even though being the #4 D by TOI in Vancouver, his average totals were around a minute less per game than the #4 D on the coyotes last season. So not only are you expecting him to continue to be over used, but he is likely going to need to play even more ice time in the top 4.

Hoping someone like Szuber is ready to make an impact this coming season, his +/- was highest on Tucson by a good margin last year and 2nd highest point totals for a D man. I see his ceiling much higher than Kolyachonok.

It will be interested what materializes in camp, Valimaki and Kesselring spent the 2nd most amount of time on the ice last season together as a pairing. I'm guessing that chemistry will be relied upon with a mostly unfamiliar blue line.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Also worth noting that Cole even though being the #4 D by TOI in Vancouver, his average totals were around a minute less per game than the #4 D on the coyotes last season. So not only are you expecting him to continue to be over used, but he is likely going to need to play even more ice time in the top 4.
I think that’s cancelled out by the fact that Vancouver was very good and Utah will be fairly mediocre.
Hoping someone like Szuber is ready to make an impact this coming season, his +/- was highest on Tucson by a good margin last year and 2nd highest point totals for a D man. I see his ceiling much higher than Kolyachonok.
Me too. We need some pleasant surprises. Like Kesselring taking a big step and also Szuber (or someone).
It will be interested what materializes in camp, Valimaki and Kesselring spent the 2nd most amount of time on the ice last season together as a pairing. I'm guessing that chemistry will be relied upon with a mostly unfamiliar blue line.
Agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2