HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Reactions: Heldig and Jakey53

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I’m looking forward to DM addressing the need for a 1-C in free agency. The cost in trading for one would be prohibitive. We haven’t been able to develop one. I don’t see Cooley doing well against the bigger, stronger 1st line centers.

BA should jump at the opportunity to win a free agent bidding war starting w next year’s FA season. It might take a few years to land one.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’m looking forward to DM addressing the need for a 1-C in free agency. The cost in trading for one would be prohibitive. We haven’t been able to develop one. I don’t see Cooley doing well against the bigger, stronger 1st line centers.

BA should jump at the opportunity to win a free agent bidding war starting w next year’s FA season. It might take a few years to land one.
I don't think you are going to find a 1C in free agency, unless you think a player like Hayton is a 1C. Maybe a old C that use to be a 1C could happen.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I don’t see Cooley doing well against the bigger, stronger 1st line centers.

IMG_1819.jpeg

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
A #1C? Aren't we talking about a center between Keller and Schmaltz? So he really doesn't need to be the play driver, just a complementary defensive type who can keep up with the play and contribute some offense

He’ll always be a prospect in our hearts, Mag. We want him to be foooooorever young, to be forever young. Really want to live forever. Foooooorever young.
The new rt is funnier than the gentler version...

Last edited:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com

We got a 20% off link for our HF friends. Just use the link below.

Imgoingtowork

Apr 15, 2024
Few fillings in the squad stands ready Tij Iginla need play first league across Canada and USA.

Utah next season:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We got the cap and want more vets.
Ceci is the shits for any team thinking SC, but on Utah with one year remaining on his contract he would look like Bobby Orr.

I screwed up, it was Top Shelf Hockey, his latest one. He didn't really elaborate, just said he thought it was a good idea.
Top Shelf? Don't waste your time on that guy.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Ceci is the shits for any team thinking SC, but on Utah with one year remaining on his contract he would look like Bobby Orr.

Top Shelf? Don't waste your time on that guy.
LOL! Why? Because you don't like his opinion? No different than any other HF poster. Hell I even read the nonsense you post here!
I screwed up, it was Top Shelf Hockey, his latest one. He didn't really elaborate, just said he thought it was a good idea.
I got the impression that the rumor of GMBA asking about Ceci was before the Sergachev trade and he was spit balling around the league when TSH said that Utah has shown interest in the past.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I would rather just give Soderstrom the full year on the 3rd line to see what we have. If he loses a few games for us it’s ok. It won’t be the difference between us going to the finals or bowing out in the conferences. Let’s see if he can do it. If not, we have Sergashev and 2 more D in the pipeline anyway.

The only position (excepting a chance to land a game changing F) that I would hope to upgrade is goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad