Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm not sure who forgets that but he's back on the team and has been for a while.

I heard Breer talk about this how once you have a guy up and running in your system you're not gonna throw away all that work to then pick up someone like Zappe. It's probably the same reason they have kept Zappe instead of going after some other scrub QB. In the end none of it really matters. Whether Zappe is QB2, QB3 or cut is completely inconsequential to the future success of the franchise. To me he has shown enough to warrant being on a roster though. Jacksonville could use an upgrade at QB2!
You say Jacksonville which is clearly you being spiteful. Besides, look at the numbers last year. Zappe was worse than the guy he replaced.

Nobody is going to give you a goddam thing for this guy. Nobody is going to even bother claiming him. He'll end up in the XFL or Canada. He's simply not good enough.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I never said otherwise...keep up

Keep telling everyone Belichick wasn't a good coach though!
Awfully defensive. Must have struck a nerve.

Does Bill have a job currently coaching in the NFL? Weird how there were openings yet the "greatest" coach of all time didn't get a gig.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

He's right but Minnesota actually has talent around the QB. You gotta think Maye will get an extended run in next two games.
Minnesota has great coaching offensively so that helps McCarthy. I still think Darnold is the starter but it was nice to see the zip on the ball and the scrambles. If he does have to start, Jefferson, Addison and Nailor are superg, along with TJ...Aaron Jones and Chandler as the backs and bookend tackles like O'Neill and Darrisaw will reduce his curve greatly.

I'm obviously biased but bo nix had a really good game.
Sure did. Nice mix of throws for him. He is in a great coaching situation like JJ

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Awfully defensive. Must have struck a nerve.

Does Bill have a job currently coaching in the NFL? Weird how there were openings yet the "greatest" coach of all time didn't get a gig.
Any GM hiring Belichick must have equity with his team and lots of self confidence. He musts not be afraid to bring in a big personality and to be upstaged. Plus Belichick ain’t signing with a crap organization like the Panthers. People forget quick, I think he did the right thing waiting a year instead of rushing back in a bad spot. IMO he lands in the NFC east with either the Eagles, Giants or Cowboys

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I would be interested in Judon as well at 6.5M a year!
Lions and 49'rs seem like a good trade partner.
You would think he is worth at least a 3rd round pick.

If they could get more than a 5th/6th for him, I'm pretty sure he'd already be gone

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Hate to lose him but if a team is offering early round picks……..
You're not getting an early round pick for Judon when that team needs to pay him

The Patriots might suck but the Jets are still the Jets

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If they could get more than a 5th/6th for him, I'm pretty sure he'd already be gone
His age says not so much. It's one thing if you have to trade for him, but to have to give up assets and then have him expect a long term deal when he's at an age where players tend to drop off? Nope.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I based my 3rd round comp on the Riddick trade, who is 2 years younger and making 14.25 M a year.
Seems like fair value for Judon with a 3rd rounder and his contract.
I would hang onto him if we cannot get fair value. Lets not forget he is a 4 time pro bowl player and all pro 2 years ago.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I saw one of the dumbest ideas on facebook last night. Trade multiple firsts and Javon Baker for CeeDee Lamb.

Like the player but no wait to see if he hits the market next year

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
No. The reason why the "hate" that Bailey Zappe gets is rational is because he acts like he's the second coming of Brett Favre when he has 1/1000th the talent and everyone sees it. He's proven that he's undeserving of a roster spot and has the playing ability as, if not worse than, Mac Jones.
Nope, he doesn't act like the 2nd coming of Brett Favre. Just a complete fabrication. Thank you for making my point as usual.

• Haha
Reactions: EvilDead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $707.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: