Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Considering where the Pats are as a team, his age, what it will take to get him, and what kind of salary he'll want I don't think he actually makes sense for this team right now.
I like the idea of adding him because it gives Maye more to work with as he develops. The money doesn’t matter to me at all, they have plenty of it waiting to be spent. Slots everybody else in the WR room in properly too

Doubt we acquire him though, they could very well see things the way you do plus I’m sure there will be plenty of suitors. They did wanna throw a bunch of money at an older, worse option (Ridley) so there is that

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I like the idea of adding him because it gives Maye more to work with as he develops. The money doesn’t matter to me at all, they have plenty of it waiting to be spent. Slots everybody else in the WR room in properly too

Doubt we acquire him though, they could very well see things the way you do plus I’m sure there will be plenty of suitors. They did wanna throw a bunch of money at an older, worse option (Ridley) so there is that

I'd rather wait a year and then bring in someone like Aiyuk, who is going to cost at least a second on top of the contract.

If he were four years younger I wouldn't care, but the whole picture/cost is why I'd hold off. Maye isn't playing for at least half a season anyway.

(Ideally you sign a guy like him in free agency next summer, when it would be better timed to Maye's development.)

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'd rather wait a year and then bring in someone like Aiyuk, who is going to cost at least a second on top of the contract.

If he were four years younger I wouldn't care, but the whole picture/cost is why I'd hold off. Maye isn't playing for at least half a season anyway.

(Ideally you sign a guy like him in free agency next summer, when it would be better timed to Maye's development.)
Looking like Tee Higgins will be the top option next year, wouldn’t hate that

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Considering where the Pats are as a team, his age, what it will take to get him, and what kind of salary he'll want I don't think he actually makes sense for this team right now.
Depends on the asking price.
He is only 26 YO and could develop with Maye now.
He is way under paid at 14M a year.
Hill got the Chiefs a first/second/two 4th rounders and a 6th round pick.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Give it to me. Love Tee Higigns. He's one year younger than BA and will only cost cap space as a free agent. Booking my February flight to Santa Clara in 2026.

Seems like they’re still sniffing around BA. I like Aiyuk more as a player but like you said Tee only costs money next offseason

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Well they're sitting on $43 million in cap space and he's only 25. What about either thing doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team? Does a young Top 3 pick QB not need weapons to make aid his development? Did we not just see it in Buffalo when Josh Allen took the leap to elite when they added Diggs?

The only thing it doesn't make sense for is Kraft's wallet, which frankly has become tougher to open than Jacobs's wallet for years now

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Well they're sitting on $43 million in cap space and he's only 25. What about either thing doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team? Does a young Top 3 pick QB not need weapons to make aid his development? Did we not just see it in Buffalo when Josh Allen took the leap to elite when they added Diggs?

The only thing it doesn't make sense for is Kraft's wallet, which frankly has become tougher to open than Jacobs's wallet for years now

It's not about the money, it's about everything. I should have said that already.

Considering a) where the Pats are as a team, b) his age, c) what it will take to get him, and d) what kind of salary he'll want I don't think he actually makes sense for this team right now.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
It's not about the money, it's about everything. I should have said that already.

Considering a) where the Pats are as a team, b) his age, c) what it will take to get him, and d) what kind of salary he'll want I don't think he actually makes sense for this team right now.
yup giving up assets for a guy who will be pushing 30 at WR by the time you're competitive again is risky. I have no idea what the 49ers would be looking to get back, but i doubt it's cheap

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Just saw an early 2025 mock that has the Patriots at #2 I mean maybe I am optimistic but I dont think they will be that bad but even if they are its not that big of a deal. Hope they dont rush Maye Polk or Baker

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Just saw an early 2025 mock that has the Patriots at #2 I mean maybe I am optimistic but I dont think they will be that bad but even if they are its not that big of a deal. Hope they dont rush Maye Polk or Baker
We have another difficult schedule this year.
I agree with you, no sense in rushing Maye, play him when he is ready.
I predict we go 4-13, best case 6-11.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
yup giving up assets for a guy who will be pushing 30 at WR by the time you're competitive again is risky. I have no idea what the 49ers would be looking to get back, but i doubt it's cheap
If it take them 5 years to be competitive again, then they’ve really screwed it up..

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

If Maye is the guy they think he is, then they'll be competitive in 1-3 years. That's the going turn around time for stud draft QBs (Love, Lawrence, Stroud, Tua, Jackson, Hurts, Purdy)

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Patriots run defense

#1 in NFL at 3.3 average yards per carry allowed

#4 in NFL yielding 1,584 rushing yards

Only 2 teams ran for more then 100 yards over final 2 months of season

* because the offense sucked they were on all the field a lot

Impressive DL
Barmore - stud
Godchaux - Uber underrated

Pharms
Roberts
Armon Watts from Steelers
Ekuale

Solid Interior support

DE
Deatrich Wise
Keion White

Could use another End but overall this is really strong group

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Patriots run defense

Yeah, NE was basically the Chicago Bears of the AFC. For whatever that's worth....

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Patriots run defense

* because the offense sucked they were on all the field a lot

Impressive DL
Barmore - stud
Godchaux - Uber underrated

Pharms
Roberts
Armon Watts from Steelers
Ekuale

Solid Interior support

DE
Deatrich Wise
Keion White

Could use another End but overall this is really strong group
Having Judon and Gonzalez back for a full season will also help.
Our dee against the pass needs some improvement and I agree with you about another Edge rusher to line up on the opposite side to Judon would be great.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I didn't know this existed until my son sent me this link today. Its actually pretty hilarious. My son's a Commanders fan (born and raised in DC) and the write up on them had me in stitches. As I was reading this, I couldn't help but think @EverettMike would be a great addition to this writing staff... The Carolina one was even better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad