Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
After the news of Barmore yesterday which essentially means he's out for the season, in my opinion, they need to lock in Judon. This defense needs stability.
Hmmm I would actually look at it the other way. With Barmore possibly out for the year I would now be more willing to trade Judon. This season is not going anywhere and if you don't want to commit to an angry aging player, pull the trigger. Contending teams would line up for Judon.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
CeLzIwkUMAAT9jV.jpg

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Hmmm I would actually look at it the other way. With Barmore possibly out for the year I would now be more willing to trade Judon. This season is not going anywhere and if you don't want to commit to an angry aging player, pull the trigger. Contending teams would line up for Judon.

This is what Belichick would do, and I think you're probably exactly right even if I love watching Judon play.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Who steps up for Judon then? That leaves a hole if he gets traded.

This is a mess.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Best situation for all involved would probably be a trade to a contender

Defense played well without him last year and as a result they don’t feel the need to give a massive contract to a 32 YO coming off major injury. I greatly appreciate his time here- i think he’s an awesome pass rusher- i just don’t see his timeline and the orgs timeline lining up. Doesn’t make sense for them to invest big in him

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Who steps up for Judon then? That leaves a hole if he gets traded.

This is a mess.
Nobody steps in for him. Uche/Jennings/Keion White. Basically I am already waving the white flag on the season. If Barmore was healthy I'd be more willing to go all in on the fact you think you could have a dominant defense. But just how good are the Patriots without Barmore but by giving Judon a deal? I think the age of the player is the issue here. If they have no interest in giving him a bump they should absolutely trade him.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Does it matter? They're not going anywhere this year. Let the Brisket play so Maye can develop while you prepare for the future.
I'd want something or someone in return. I think Judon is a leader on the d corps. Losing him would be a mistake. Granted, it's probably best for both sides at this point because the Pats won't pay him.

But I think the Pats are going to be better than people think this year.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'd want something or someone in return. I think Judon is a leader on the d corps. Losing him would be a mistake. Granted, it's probably best for both sides at this point because the Pats won't pay him.

But I think the Pats are going to be better than people think this year.

A high draft pick is fine by me.

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
I'm ready for Judon and Godchaux to move on. I will miss Judon because he brought energy whenever he was healthy enough to play but Godchaux is the definition of JAG. With Barmore out (and who knows if it's season ending) and Judon getting another year older plus coming off injury, it's time to see what you can get - picks, an actual LT (may not be top quality), or a depth RB (given the Gibson mystery).

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Either way they need to resolve the Judon situation sooner rather than later. Beyond the locker room/roster/cap implications, other players around the league notice stuff like this. You get a reputation of playing hard ball with your top players and your attractiveness to free agents plummets.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I’m here

I would deal him as well

You finish near bottom you most likely get a stud T or trade back for a pile of picks and probably still get a T

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I can see both sides with Judon. He sees other guys on the defense getting new deals and wants his. On the other hand, Pats just renegotiated his deal last training camp and gave him cash up front, and then he played 4 games. He wasnt good the 2nd half of the year before last either. I'd likely cut bait now. We've been fine without him.

Reactions: Carl Hungus and CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad