GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Now WHY THE f*** is Pittsburgh trading Guentzel for a 28 yo forward.

What are they doing over there?? Getting weaker but still trying to win?

That's so f***ing depressing.
So long as Crosby stays there, they will trying to make the playoffs each year.

They have the potential to help stock the pipeline, or at least give them quality trade assets, and they’re choosing to reduce the quality of all those futures to acquire a 28 years old so that they can try again next year to make the playoffs.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Guys it would be criminal to trade for more forwards. I don't care how good they are...we're already at the point where we can't play them all.

Our defense depth is inexistent and we have one backup goalie, no starter.
Vegas championship was a good proof of that you don’t necessarily need elite goaltending to win the cup. For me the Avs look like a serious contender as they are at this moment.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Vegas championship was a good proof of that you don’t necessarily need elite goaltending to win the cup. For me the Avs look like a serious contender as they are at this moment.
Colorado in 2022 quite frankly was even bigger proof of this...

But Georgiev might be capable of losing a series himself which would be the main problem.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
5JWAO5W.png

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Zona still needs to trade UFAs Dumba, Zucker, O'Brian, Brown and even Dermott so there's still plenty of action for the talking heads to talk about tomorrow.

Then there's still Toffoli, Lumbus who can trade Roz to whoever missed out on Mitts/Wennberg if they're competent (lol) and a whole lot more rentals still to be shipped out

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
They’ve made it pretty clear kovalenko is coming to play in the nhl, barring him playing like shit I’d fully expect him to be in the lineup.
In the playoffs? I have my doubts.

It's pretty hard for most players to pop into the NHL for the first time and play well.

Popping into the NHL and then pretty immediately rocking it in the playoffs against Winnipeg or Dallas? Probably not a reasonable scenario. Hence, the Avs went out and picked up a couple of 6'2"/200lb bruisers to do that (Duhaime/Trenin).

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
We've got 1,473,359 left we can use in LTIR.

Juuse Saros has a 5M cap hit. Pay Nashville to eat 50%, pay someone else to eat 50% of 2.5M and now Saros slides in at a cool 1.25M.

Wish we had the assets to make it work. Would love to have a Finish goalie. It would make Mikko happy too, I bet.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

Juuse Saros has a 5M cap hit. Pay Nashville to eat 50%, pay someone else to eat 50% of 2.5M and now Saros slides in at a cool 1.25M.

Wish we had the assets to make it work. Would love to have a Finish goalie. It would make Mikko happy too, I bet.
We definitely have more. Capfriendly shows us at 2.1M in space. Add another 775k for Annunen.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

We have 2,129,257 in cap space after Duhaime and Trenin moves.

That should be enough for a back up goalie and maybe one more D with salary retentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad