GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
My realistic potential G targets in order would be

Ingram
Daccord
Neddy
Flower (if he wants one last cup, would need 2 teams to retain)
Vladar (would need retention)
Allen (same as Flower)

There's also guys like Forsberg or Tarasov who kinda suck but I could see it happen

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I don’t think this roster is too far off from the Avs cup winning team. IMO, it’s a little bit worse, but it’s close.

Is Mittelstadt ready for primetime? That’s the question. I think Nichushkin pairs really nicely with him, but we shall see.
I think we need to see how they play together first. This could be better team, especially if Georgiev starts catching some pucks. Kuemper was terrible.

Reactions: NorthernAvsFan

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Alright so:

Nuke - Mack - Mikko
Landy* - Mittelstadt - Lehky
Drouin - Colton - Wood
Parise - Trenin - LOC
Duhaime/Cogs/Kiviranta/Kovalenko/Wagner

Ya, I dont see much room for another forward quite frankly. That's pretty crazy depth. Like, way deeper then even the 2022 team I would argue.

The Defense could probably still use another meat and potatoes type though:

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Johnson - Walker
Jones/Malinski/Behrens(?)

I think you probably want another LD for some Johnson/G insurance. Ideally a guy that bumps Johnson to #7D.

Then obviously the goaltending. Gotta believe with everything else they've already done and with guys saying the Avs are "100% adding a goalie" that they're gonna get somebody on that front.

Keep in mind even through all of this, we still haven't moved Ritchie, Goulash, the 2024 1st, or the 2026 2nd. They still have what we all thought were going to be the main assets used to improve the team.

I just dont really know what LD could be available that they'd target.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Alright so:

Nuke - Mack - Mikko
Landy* - Mittelstadt - Lehky
Drouin - Colton - Wood
Parise - Trenin - LOC
Duhaime/Cogs/Kiviranta/Kovalenko/Wagner

Ya, I dont see much room for another forward quite frankly. That's pretty crazy depth. Like, way deeper then even the 2022 team I would argue.

The Defense could probably still use another meat and potatoes type though:

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Johnson - Walker
Jones/Malinski/Behrens(?)

I think you probably want another LD for some Johnson/G insurance. Ideally a guy that bumps Johnson to #7D.

Then obviously the goaltending. Gotta believe with everything else they've already done and with guys saying the Avs are "100% adding a goalie" that they're gonna get somebody on that front.

Keep in mind even through all of this, we still haven't moved Ritchie, Goulash, the 2024 1st, or the 2026 2nd. They still have what we all thought were going to be the main assets used to improve the team.

I just dont really know what LD could be available that they'd target.
There is also Kovalenko. Im not sure how he’s gonna make the lineup. That is crazy depth. If everyone is healthy (big if) I think they’ll go with match ups, depending who they face in each round. If they face a physical team, guys like Duhaime will be in etc.. but there will most likely be injuries and everyone will get their chance

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
There is also Kovalenko. Im not sure how he’s gonna make the lineup. That is crazy depth. If everyone is healthy (big if) I think they’ll go with match ups, depending who they face in each round. If they face a physical team, guys like Duhaime will be in etc.. but there will most likely be injuries and everyone will get their chance
There will be injuries. We almost lost Parise yesterday. Depth is great now!

Reactions: the_fan

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He's listed. There's simply no chance he makes a healthy roster to start playoffs.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm personally hopeful the Avs were discussing Saros and agreed to grab Trenin just in case they couldn't iron things out by tomorrow. But the hope is still there. Georgie should slide into backup, then trade him in the offseason so Justus can come up full time.

I don't expect it to happen, but we need an upgrade on Georgie and I don't want to see Justus blocked past this playoff run.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I'm personally hopeful the Avs were discussing Saros and agreed to grab Trenin just in case they couldn't iron things out by tomorrow. But the hope is still there. Georgie should slide into backup, then trade him in the offseason so Justus can come up full time.

I don't expect it to happen, but we need an upgrade on Georgie and I don't want to see Justus blocked past this playoff run.
Saros would be too expensive to keep

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Drouin - MacK - Nichushkin
Lehky - Mittelstadt - Rants
Landy - Colton - Parise
Wood - Trenin - LOC
Kovalenko/Duhaime/Cogs/Wagner/Kivi

That's some depth. Love it.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Dubas really is a dunce he couldn't help himself and try to reassemble his boys. Is he going to trade for Holl now?

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
If only Lou didn't go so senile, would've loved to have Varlamov back as a 1b and win one with us. But that contract is putrid.

Reactions: xAvsx89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad