GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
View attachment 833284

"Awesome today"

Sure. Quite frankly I dont think what he does in these 20 games to end the season matters much either way.

But, he's playing on a Buffalo team that is pretty well known for having almost no structure to there game. To a fault, the coaching staff pretty much lets guys play as they want. So Byram is probably going to look in and fit in pretty well in that sort of system. On the flip side, Mittelstadt is coming from that lack of structure into a team with a very tight structure.

It should be expected that Mittelstadt will take more time adjusting.
Lol Tyson Jost is still in the NHL.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

What the San Jose Sharks would’ve got back from New York is unknown. The Nashville Predators, Colorado Avalanche, and Edmonton Oilers were also in the mix.

Reactions: The Moops

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Another fail by Mike Grier. Mike Grier might be one of the worst GM's the last 20 years.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Honest question you you. If Bo mugged your grandma and you witnessed it, would you still think he's the best player ever? Just curious if there is a moment you've watched him play and didn't think he wasn't the best player on the ice
He was awesome today bruh try and watch a Sabre game when you get a chance.

Take care

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Yeah, definitely prefer Mittelstadt out of the two of them. Obviously, the opinion du jour around the league has been Hertl > Mittelstadt, but Hertl is also 5 years older and as you said, has some serious health concerns. Two torn ACLs and he's currently out with a knee injury
One of the. Intermission reports we’re talking about hertl that
View attachment 833284

"Awesome today"

Sure. Quite frankly I dont think what he does in these 20 games to end the season matters much either way.

But, he's playing on a Buffalo team that is pretty well known for having almost no structure to there game. To a fault, the coaching staff pretty much lets guys play as they want. So Byram is probably going to look in and fit in pretty well in that sort of system. On the flip side, Mittelstadt is coming from that lack of structure into a team with a very tight structure.

It should be expected that Mittelstadt will take more time adjusting.
I don’t follow any team but the Avs. I guess with all the talent buffalo has and not going anywhere makes sense

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Oh good, I was worried that you weren't as impressed as I was
If you thought he was impressive that's up to you but I thought he looked awful for the most part. His skating is worse than I thought. Pretty good speed once he got going like on the backcheck play (good hustle) but he has an awful looking short and awkward knockneed stride. He obviously never took power skating but that's not his game anyways.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
If you thought he was impressive that's up to you but I thought he looked awful for the most part. His skating is worse than I thought. Pretty good speed once he got going like on the backcheck play (good hustle) but he has an awful looking short and awkward knockneed stride. He obviously never took power skating but that's not his game anyways.
Well now I'm beyond confused. I thought we were talking about Byram

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
According to Jim Montgomery, Avs are the winners of the trade deadline
Yeah, I think they were too.

It's kind of funny that 'actual' hockey people see what the Avs did and were impressed. The addition of Trenin and Duhaime put them over the top, imo. Guys like Mike Johnson and Kevin Bieksa understand what their addition means to our roster.

Then you have the rest of these so-called 'hockey analysts' who don't even know who those two guys are because they are in bed by the time they announce the 3-star selection from the Leafs game at 9h45pm.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah, I think they were too.

It's kind of funny that 'actual' hockey people see what the Avs did and were impressed. The addition of Trenin and Duhaime put them over the top, imo. Guys like Mike Johnson and Kevin Bieksa understand what their addition means to our roster.

Then you have the rest of these so-called 'hockey analysts' who don't even know who those two guys are because they are in bed by the time they announce the 3-star selection from the Leafs game at 9h45pm.
I think Mike Rapp said Duhaime was the best addition at the trade deadline. Something along the lines of whoever gets Duhaime wins the trade deadline LOL

Not sure if they were joking about that but it’s funny if he actually said that

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Duhaime impressed me the more than Trenin by a lot. His speed is really something.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am not as against Grier as you lot, he's gotten some underrated and underappreciated pieces since his tenure, but he has a weird fetish for gaining as much cap space as possible. I don't think it is the wrong idea, but it seems he doesn't mind losing some deals if it means he can get more cap space in the long run.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I am not as against Grier as you lot, he's gotten some underrated and underappreciated pieces since his tenure, but he has a weird fetish for gaining as much cap space as possible. I don't think it is the wrong idea, but it seems he doesn't mind losing some deals if it means he can get more cap space in the long run.
The Sharks were stuck with a TON of long, bad contracts: EK, Hertl, Burns, Couture, Vlasic... It's only healthy for a rebuilding team to get rid of old vets that are overpaid for many more seasons and it's nearly impossible to trade them at full cap hit so he had to retain.

Also these players likely don't want to finish their career on a rebuilding team, it's entirely possible that Hertl asked for a trade.

Grier's next step should be buying out Vlasic. Once all the old crap is out you've got a brand new canvas to work with and that's what new GM's want.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Vegas will just LTIR Hertl next year and trade for Couture
I think that's why they wanted Hertl, he is a rental for few years and when his play level drops they will dump his *** to LTIR rest of his career. Both happy. Hertl gets early retirement and Vegas frees capspace again. It's stupid, but it's going to happen.

Depending how well he plays, he will last with Vegas probably 2-4 seasons. When the play level drops too much, he is as good as gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad