GDT: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How many trades do the Avs make?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
It's not even just the money. 6 more years with $4M in dead cap. You're basically handicapping yourself when you hope to be starting to build a contender.

$24M in real money and $4M per year on the salary cap, I don't know if any team in the league does that.
If you're rebuilding, getting to the floor should be hard. That kind of cap help could help them for a few years at least. Might be more rough the back 3 years, but with the cap going up, I don't think it would be that bad at all.

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Why did San Jose even re up Hertl they should have traded him when he was ufa bound… terribly run team. They didn’t even tank right Chicago has better odds at Celebrini than them

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I know everyone is mad at SJ for helping Vegas but SJ is rebuilding and managed to get rid of most of that Albatros contract. They got 2 great pieces in return too. IMO Grier did a great job considering the shitty situation.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The more I think about that San Jose deal the more it makes zero sense for them. That trade by Grier is a fireable offense.

Good luck helping Eklund/Bordeleau/Smith hit their potential with zero leadership or help up front.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Why couldnt we have just convinced ryjo to ltir.
Yeah, I mean I think it would've been easy to convince MacKinnon to "accidentally" take a giant slapper to his ankle (or head) at practice...

That said, what good would've it done to us? We HAVE money and assets. If we didn't get anyone now, it's not because of the lack of cap space or assets.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I can't believe Washington bubble wrapped Dowd but didn't move him??

In previous years, we've had deals trickle in until 3:50EST but seems like it's over...

Still a great deadline for the Avs but could have probably done a bit more to put us over the top.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
then its not all bad for sjs
It's f***ing awful. Retaining for 6 years (when they are already retaining for 3 more with EK and 1 more with Burns) in a rebuilding phase is BRUTAL. And to do that with a good player, and only get back two late 1st round picks for that?

It's f***ing brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad