GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Who do you think we should get? Moser is going to get around $3m.
Motte needs to come back for sure, Moser probably gets less than 2.5 (hopefully less than 2), Move out Sheary for Goncalves, Move out Perbix for a guy like Boqvist on a cheap 1 year prove it deal, and then find someone for the top 6 thats less than 4m like Sprong or Tarasenko

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Motte needs to come back for sure, Moser probably gets less than 2.5 (hopefully less than 2), Move out Sheary for Goncalves, Move out Perbix for a guy like Boqvist on a cheap 1 year prove it deal, and then find someone for the top 6 thats less than 4m like Sprong or Tarasenko
AFPAnalytics has Moser with a higher contract projection. 3-4m range.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Vancouver is eyeing Motte. I doubt he comes back. Sprong and Tarasenko are such a step down that not even Life Alert would be able to help us get back up. I'd absolutely laugh my ass off at a Cirelli and Sprong tandem coming to fruition, though. If Sprong comes in with a bottom 6 price tag sure, but that's not happening in this market. Tarasenko has lost a step, so if Stamkos detractors were worried about Steven being a pp merchant, boy are they in for a surprise if they're looking at Tarasenko to solve the problems.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Moser will likely get 3-4M. The guy plays 20+ minutes and is good for 25-30 points.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I think this is going to be pretty much it. It's next off-season I expect more. That's just me though
I'm in the same boat. We are definitely re-tooling but its going to take season or two.
Pickings are slim and you don't want to take a guy just to take a guy. I'm also looking at Sheary as a non-option. They scratched him a few times in the final few weeks of the season, and then every game of the Florida series. If you don't want him playing in the most important games, then why have him at all?

Right now I'm looking at some the young guys to make the jump. Groshev flashed last preseason. With a year under his belt in North America, is he ready? Finley had a great 2nd half of the season, before getting hurt again. Health is his main obstacle. And then Geekie is a former 11th overall pick. The 10 guys picked in front of him in the 22 draft have already made their NHL debuts. Groshev, Finley, and Geekie all give you some size, and Groshev is mad fast. Just hard to pencil anybody from Syracuse in now, July 1st.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
I'm in the same boat. We are definitely re-tooling but its going to take season or two.
If anyone wants to put down the Rage Juice for a few, here's something else to consume.

It's looking like next year's cap is going to be between $91.5M - $92M. I'm going with the $92M

Factoring in Moser @ $3.5M (super high projection, most likely an even $3M > less would be even keener), Hedman @ $8M and my projection of the cap @ $92M

There would be anywhere between $11M-$12M (this includes Hedman and Moser's assumed deals) left. So, if they choose to, this leaves (as of this post)

$11M-12M to resign (again, if they choose)

Ace
Glendening
Perbix
Jo-Jo

Ylönen
Edmonds
Svejkovsky
Dureau
Finley
Fortier
Goncalves (again)
Lilleberg (ooops - UPD - JMFBB reading my posts again! :DD)
Crozier
Tomkins

And by next year I expect Howard to sign an ELC, maybe Connor Kurth, Robert Flinton (Syracuse depth), wondering out loud how Jack Harvey does next season without Celebrini, maybe he seeks to get an ELC

Last edited:
Reactions: Master P

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Pickings are slim and you don't want to take a guy just to take a guy. I'm also looking at Sheary as a non-option. They scratched him a few times in the final few weeks of the season, and then every game of the Florida series. If you don't want him playing in the most important games, then why have him at all?

Right now I'm looking at some the young guys to make the jump. Groshev flashed last preseason. With a year under his belt in North America, is he ready? Finley had a great 2nd half of the season, before getting hurt again. Health is his main obstacle. And then Geekie is a former 11th overall pick. The 10 guys picked in front of him in the 22 draft have already made their NHL debuts. Groshev, Finley, and Geekie all give you some size, and Groshev is mad fast. Just hard to pencil anybody from Syracuse in now, July 1st.
Yeah, training camp should be real interesting this year. Potential for some guys to step up, and if that happens we can save some cash and go after a nice middle 6 forward or solidify the defense.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
If anyone wants to put down the Rage Juice for a few, here's something else to consume.

It's looking like next year's cap is going to be between $91.5M - $92M. I'm going with the $92M

Factoring in Moser @ $3.5M (super high projection, most likely an even $3M > less would be even keener), Hedman @ $8M and my projection of the cap @ $92M

There would be anywhere between $11M-$12M (this includes Hedman and Moser's assumed deals) left. So, if they choose to, this leaves (as of this post)

$11M-12M to resign (again, if they choose)

Ace
Glendening
Perbix
Jo-Jo

Ylönen
Edmonds
Svejkovsky
Dureau
Finley
Fortier
Goncalves (again)
Lilleberg
Crozier
Tomkins

And by next year I expect Howard to sign an ELC, maybe Connor Kurth, Robert Flinton (Syracuse depth), wondering out loud how Jack Harvey does next season without Celebrini, maybe he seeks to get an ELC
2024-25 will be the last season in juniors for Gauthier too, who already holds a contract. Not sure how fast he can make the jump after that, but his ability to be a swiss army knife will help him find a spot easier than guys who only fit a scoring role.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Bertuzzi got 5years for 5.5 million from CHI. Not a terrible deal or a great deal. Maybe we can add something to ship Sheary to them at the deadline.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
2024-25 will be the last season in juniors for Gauthier too, who already holds a contract. Not sure how fast he can make the jump after that, but his ability to be a swiss army knife will help him find a spot easier than guys who only fit a scoring role.
I thought about that and was hard to leave him off my list. But if he has a high-level showing at this weeks camp and absolutely destroys this upcoming season in Drummondville - could be a dark horse next training camp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad