GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
So the Pittsburgh thing is weird. Wonder what happened there.

Did they purposefully leak it to try and force his hand? It’s strange went from sure fire signing to he signed with the wings.

Y'all said let JBB cook, but he's been looking at the value meal menu at McDonalds

Dollar tree shopping confirmed

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
That is if we could find a trade partner willing to pay him that much for that long..without having to add a sweetener. Maybe smarter to trade him before his value is totally in the shitter.

Pretty hard to buy a gourmet meal when you have value meal money available. The alternative is to trade one of Point, Kucherov, or Vasilevskiy to free up the money. Would that make this team better?
Dang, you'd rather move Point, Vasy, and Kuch before Sheary, Cirelli, Paul, Cernak, Perbix?! That's wild

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
have this odd feeling that JBB isnt gonna do anything until training camp to see if a 'Cuse kid can step up and take one of those final spots
Well can he hurry the hell up and say something if that's the case? We go from not even a word for who even knows how long to something happening. We all either say "yay" "hell no" or "wtf" and go back to radio silence. It's annoying as hell. This isn't a form of communication. This is the castle suddenly swinging opening its doors for 30 seconds to let us peek inside and then slams shut again and no one knows how long

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
They will save us.

TASs7bG.png

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Who is that? Howard?
Geekie on the left Howard on the right.

Ain't gonna lie boys... I'm a little bummed. Was expecting (or praying) for more but I am now resigned to the fact that this is what we're going to be...
Hang in there. I expect another move at the trade deadline. Might have more takers looking to grab someone like Cirelli (depending on where we are in the standings of course). But I also think this retool is gonna take another offseason to really come together. Just my take on it.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I wonder what it would take to get Nick Robertson from Toronto?

I doubt they would trade him to us, but he was a player who stood out to me during their series with Boston. I'm a fan. Hard working player. Had 14 goals and 27 pts in 56 games for the leafs this year.

He's listed as a left and right winger.

I think he would be a good fit.

Last edited:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
I was considering it for several hours this afternoon but it's been Lightning tradition for 10 years for all prospects to pay tribute to Syracuse for like 3 years even if it's completely unnecessary. I think there's another move. We're just shy of $6 million. J.J Moser isn’t eating $4 milion

Geekie could score 6 goals in the preseason like Connolly did (I think it was 6) and he'd still be sent down like Connolly was
It was actually four in the 13-14 preseason.

That was the beginning of the end of his time in the Tampa Bay organization. He did everything that was asked of him that pre-season and still got sent down. That is enough to kill the attitude of most players who have hopes and dreams of making the show in a particular organization. His trade to the Bruins at the deadline in 2015 netted the team two second round picks (Matthew Spencer-15 and Boris Katchouk-16).

He did win a Cup with the Caps in 2018 so I would say it worked out well for him moving on from Tampa Bay.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I doubt they would trade him to us, but he was a player who stood out to me during their series with Boston. I'm a fan. Hard working player. Had 14 goals and 27 pts in 56 games for the leafs this year.

He's kind of more of the same though. Undersized, no real defensive awareness. I don't see us being interested.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio

My guess is Robertson is traded out of conference, to a team like Vegas or one of the California teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad