GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do the Avs trade #24 or Make a selection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I love the draft, probably my favourite aspect of hockey after winning the Stanley Cup. However, the 1st round is about 30 to 40 minutes too long. They must reduce the time limit from 3 minutes to 2 and if teams want to do a trade, then give them unlimited timeouts that increase the limit to 5 minutes.

How's setting up the bear traps?
By trap do you mean inviting them in? Have a new big dog?

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Pronman's grade for our draft is "C"

jhsUa5K.png

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Nabokov has this weird, super low stance that makes him look even tinnier than he is.

Entire top half of the net is open. It's not just this picture, I watched 4 videos of him on YouTube and he's always like that.

NHL shooters will expose that open upper half of the net quite easily. He'll need to adjust this God awful stance.

1719703937448.png

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
A plethora of reasons quite frankly.

- CMacs presser last night being the strongest indicator.
- The fact we haven't traded him yet, with the 2024 draft being over that was obviously the most ideal window to move him for a futures based return.
- The fact the Avs moved down a number of times in the draft to get additional draft picks.
- And quite frankly the smoke has died off with his name the last couple of days.

Plenty of things pointing towards the Avs deciding to keep Colton, and likely weren't able to find common ground with Drouin.

Obviously it's not for certain and things could still change. But we're also less then 48 hours away now. So time is certainly running out.
More likely they simply haven't been able to line up an adequate replacement 3C to make a Colton trade viable. If a decent 3C at a low enough caphit becomes available they'll probably circle back to the teams interested in Colton and then also Allan Walsh.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Nabokov has this weird, super low stance that makes him look even tinnier than he is.

Entire top half of the net is open. It's not just this picture, I watched 4 videos of him on YouTube and he's always like that.

NHL shooters will expose that open upper half of the net quite easily. He'll need to adjust this God awful stance.

View attachment 889734

I’m sure the Avs goalie staff will work with him on things like that

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

View attachment 889734
Apparently that was his stance in previous years which is why he never got drafted despite sick numbers but has completely changed for this year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

View attachment 889734
It's the same way Bobrovsky plays, almost superfast spider-like down low which is almost impossible to beat him, but weak when shooters get some extra time and snipe it up top.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Pronman's grade for our draft is "C"

jhsUa5K.png

Feels like we had a god awful middle of the draft

Liked Nabokov and then Humphreys and Pitner

Everything else was kinda shitty, and I would say you never know with draft picks but we do know with the Avs and their picks. f***ing CMac bringing another jabroni friend from the jackets to do our scouting. Really not a fan of CMac like where the f*** you getting your haircuts from? Why hasn’t anyone close to him told him it looks awful

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
More likely they simply haven't been able to line up an adequate replacement 3C to make a Colton trade viable. If a decent 3C at a low enough caphit becomes available they'll probably circle back to the teams interested in Colton and then also Allan Walsh.
Everyone wants to dump Colton so badly but the team does need another 2 centres.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
It's the same way Bobrovsky plays, almost superfast spider-like down low which is almost impossible to beat him, but weak when shooters get some extra time and snipe it up top.

Well, it’s super high risk and not a recipe for success. You don’t tell most goalies “just be like Bobrovsky” who is an athletic freak of nature.

Based on what @GirardSpinorama said, it’s literally the reason he wasn’t drafted previous years and he has rightfully changed that over the past season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad