GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Habs probably pick someone from the Q, but it's not Poirier, just someone who is below a point per game, 2nd year of eligibility and under 6'

• Love
Reactions: c3z4r

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
You really think our top scouting guys and management have watched these benders? This is clearly the GM giving some of his regional scouts cookies. When talents like Poirier, Swanson and Romani are still there this is clearly malpractice.

They have definitely seen Koivu, Thorpe and Protz play. Not sure on Sawyer.

I trust Riendeau on Vecvanags.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Well since the goal of this draft is to play in the NHL....And by the way...who said that I didn't see a player graduating? lolll Where is that coming from?
Florian isn't in the NHL one year after he was drafted in the 4th round. What a bum!

My point is it's completely silly for anyone to imply these aren't good picks just because they have little knowledge and zero views of the players being picked.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
If a team had picked Romani last year and he put up that season this year, he'd be argued for a 1st rounder in a redraft. How the **** does a team not swing at him in the 4th round at the latest?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I've seen Poirier and O'Reilly though and the real 1st round talent is still available. Our head of scouting and our GM did not watch that random Latvian goalie though. If you think that I've got some snake oil for you.

That random Latvian goalie was at this past U18s tournament so yes they did see him.

He was excellent for Latvia in that tournament, too.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't get it...so if we agree that most players will never see the NHL...how about you pick in order to fill your AHL team. That will make your better prospect better? Nobody sees what Pierrick Dubé did in the playoffs this year? Why not Poirier? Why not DesRuisseaux? At this point?

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I don't get it...so if we agree that most players will never see the NHL...how about you pick in order to fill your AHL team. That will make your better prospect better? Nobody sees what Pierrick Dubé did in the playoffs this year? Why not Poirier? Why not DesRuisseaux? At this point?
I think teams still aim for NHL potential even in the later rounds. AHL roster can be filled by undrafted player and middle age UFA.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad