GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
For real. Y’all should never doubt me again when it comes to the draft. 😈

I’m glad that I constantly ask your thoughts on players, it proved to be the right choice…

What a draft overall. They had a mandate for size on the backend, but they chose guys that don't handle the puck like a grenade which is nice. Like the goalie swings. Like the forwards. It's weird seeing everyone so happy but it feels really warranted.

What I absolutely love is the focus on skating. I have grown so tired of the Tim Burke, “high character guy but this is actually his first time putting on skates” model. I love that these guys can all move, have skill… what an insanely fun group of prospects. When you consider we’ll likely get another very high pick next season, it’s almost unfair.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Our top 10 prospect list looks absolutely insane. For those of us that were here during the Goldobin/Merkley are the future phase, it’s a real healing balm.

Man, I can’t wait to see these picks come to fruition in a couple of years.

Eklund - Celebrini - Musty (someone’s gotta play off their wing)
Chernyshov - Smith - Zetterlund/Haltunnen
Edstrom - Bystedt - Haltunnen/Zetterlund

Dickinson - ??
Muhk - ??
Ferraro - ??

…maaaay need some right D…
I’m 190% convinced we’re signing Montour on Monday. Mark this down.

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
A little offtopic since Sharks did so great in this draft.
Philadelphia fans are fuming about skipping on Buium to draft Jett Luchanko because of a need.
I think a lot of us would be soooo angry if we drafted Luchanko/Eiserman/Helenius ahead of Dickinson or Buium.
It's just made me realize how lucky we are, that our organization drafted very well and managed to draft for need without reaching. Amazing couple of days!

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Well, Merkley was a fricking headcase, and Norris is decent, but can't stay healthy.
I vividly remember the Sharks prospects roundup in summer 2018 and for Josh Norris his “season highlight” was like, his number of games played. I’m still in shock at how well Norris turned out as a player, though I’m not exactly disappointed we don’t have him.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Philadelphia fans are fuming about skipping on Buium to draft Jett Luchanko because of a need.
I think a lot of us would be soooo angry if we drafted Luchanko/Eiserman/Helenius ahead of Dickinson or Buium.
It's just made me realize how lucky we are, that our organization drafted very well and managed to draft for need without reaching. Amazing couple of days!

I feel like we have an org that doesn’t try to be too cute or clever, they have a very strong vision of the future team and they’re aggressively pursuing it. I f***ing love it. Both Grier drafts have been very good but this one is in another world.

I’m 190% convinced we’re signing Montour on Monday. Mark this down.

I’d love that.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I guess you sorta missed on Meier but you changed your tune pretty quickly. Although Rantanen should've been the guy anyways
Yeah that’s fair. Like you said though, I watched a lot of Meier in his D+1 and he developed a lot that year, which definitely changed my perspective on him.

What I will say is that the guys I wanted in front of him, Barzal and Rantanen, still would have been better picks. So I don’t really consider that an L for me.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
To me Dickinson Buium is just like Smith Michkov.

Yeah I would've preferred the other guy, but its not like we got someone miles behind, we just took probably the second best option in both cases.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Yeah that’s fair. Like you said though, I watched a lot of Meier in his D+1 and he developed a lot that year, which definitely changed my perspective on him.

What I will say is that the guys I wanted in front of him, Barzal and Rantanen, still would have been better picks. So I don’t really consider that an L for me.

In fairness I was probably Meier's biggest supporter and I had a bigger brainfart guaranteeing Jeremy Roy would be a #1 dman lol

I actually think Meier is going to have a hell of a year next year. He looked like he had figured out his teammates and jived with the new coach in March last year. He scored 17 goals and 9 assists in the final 23 games last year

Reactions: Sandisfan

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
Just listened to Chris Morehouse and Scott Fitzgerald review for Sharks draft posted by San Jose Hockey Now. There was a good question about what went to the decision between Dickinson and Buium at #11, they straight up said that Dickinson was next on their board/list. Added that they are consistent with the list, since they've been working on that list all year. Great to hear about it since it was a big point of conversation.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Just listened to Chris Morehouse and Scott Fitzgerald review for Sharks draft posted by San Jose Hockey Now. There was a good question about what went to the decision between Dickinson and Buium at #11, they straight up said that Dickinson was next on their board/list. Added that they are consistent with the list, since they've been working on that list all year. Great to hear about it since it was a big point of conversation.
You'd have to think with Halttunen being on the same team it would mean more organization eyes on Dickinson. Probably the more comfortable decision

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad