GDT: 2024 Free agency frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
Glad to see TT back. Not the biggest Bertuzzi fan but hopefully he can get around the 50 point mark playing with Bedard. Martinez will provide some leadership. At least our backup goalie and plugs are NHL quality not AHL. Good day, didn't do anything dumb. Lol at the Laffs.

Reactions: TheOne

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Oh there’s way more losers than that. I actually hate Washington’s day. Just bringing in a mismatch of mediocre talent. Carolina went from cup contender to wildcard team with their mediocre signings. Rangers failed to make their team better in any way. Toronto is gonna be in for a shock when their old ass defense doesn’t work out. Minnesota way overpaid another fourth liner. LA as well overpaying plugs.

Hell there’s probably a few more I’m missing. Lots of fans should be very upset how the day win.

We are major winners though.
I understand why Washington is doing it. They want to get Ovi the record, but it's just delaying the inevitable rebuild. The issue they still have is that their offense is still based around a 38 year old Ovi. They don't have someone that can be that #1 or #2 option and take some of that pressure off. If he's not scoring, then their whole offense is in a rut. I guess they are betting on bounce back seasons for Mangiapane and PLD. The long term contracts of PLD, Roy, Sandin, Strome, and Wilson along with the likely Chychrun extension will probably keep them from being in the mix for a top 5 pick in the future.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Washington is putting Band-Aids on top of their Band-Aids.

I also wonder when Vancouver is gonna have to give Chicago a second round pick to take DeBrusk’s contract.

I still like Turbo, but he has not been an extraordinarily effective player the last couple of seasons, so I would temper your expectations.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I like our FA moves. I am adding talent to insulate the young guys. All I've asked for is to be watchable and bad, which will be the case. Linemates should be good enough for Bedard to over PPG now too. I'm happy to see Teuvo come home and I low-key like getting Brossoit a lot too. Not a fan of getting Martinez not for actual hockey reasons but because of that game.

Reactions: Muffinalt

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Overall a solid day for KD. Nothing too crazy. Adding a goalie was needed. I like the Martinez signing. Craig smith too. I think Maroon is cooked but he’ll punch people.

Teuvo is an elite passer and will be great with Bedard. Only guy I don’t really like is Bertuzzi but I think he’s a good add for this team. If I was a team competing not sure I’d want to pay him what we did but it’s still fairly cheap and not crazy term. He’ll be solid for us.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I wonder what is going to happen with Necas

If he truly wants big deal, he from all indications he may have killed deal to only team willing to give it to him

There are less and less teams that can afford to both trade for him and give him the contract he wants

Several of the teams he was linked to have moved on
I can't begin to imagine Columbus giving up the fourth overall for Necas.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Bro we are a cap team again lol. Go get Sprong with our last 3.5! I’m bloodthirsty now. The sleeping giant awakes

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
It’s no shock that the majority of players that the Hawks let go haven’t been picked up by anyone yet. Just goes to show how bad they all truly were.

Reactions: Dr Salt

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Rutger McGroarty to New Jersey for Seamus Casey and a 3rd

Why is Korchinski in Rockford?
Because he was the worst defensemen in the NhL and was the youngest defensemen in the NhL and he will be good in the AHL so later he can be good in the NHL.

Reactions: Idionym

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad