GDT: 2024 Free agency frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
So we add
Teuvo 20G
Bertuzzi 20G
Hall 20G
Bedard +10G
Nazar replaces Johnson’s production.

Back of the napkin math you are +70 G. That puts you in 20th in GF in last year’s standings between the Islanders, Sabres, and Blues.

Reactions: Behn Wilson

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
So we add
Teuvo 20G
Bertuzzi 20G
Hall 20G
Bedard +10G

Back of the napkin math you are +70 G. That puts you in 20th in GF in last year’s standings between the Islanders, Sabres, and Blues.
not so bad, not world beating either. plenty to be happy about.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
So we add
Teuvo 20G
Bertuzzi 20G
Hall 20G
Bedard +10G

Adding their goal you have to subtract the goals of the players that they replaced. Enthwistle, Raddysh..(yikes). OK so we increase goals by +65G

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Adding their goal you have to subtract the goals of the players that they replaced. Enthwistle, Raddysh..(yikes). OK so we increase goals by +65G
Lol exactly. I went to do that and I just gave up because there were so few. You can probably take a few away from foligno for playing down in the lineup, add a few for korchinski. I mean whatever it’s not meant to be precise. Add 10-15 for mikheyev, 5-10 for Reichel I mean whatever. I’ll stick with my +70 lol

Reactions: Behn Wilson

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Bertuzzi-Bedard-Kurashev

Hall-Nazar-Teravainen

Reichel-Dickinson-Mikheyev

Maroon-Foligno-AA

(Donato, Joey-A)

That’s about how things are looking at forward right now. I’m really hoping Reichel bounces back after a tough 2023 and earns a permanent role moving forward, lots of talent there and it’s too soon to give up on him. Wonder who else might earn a role in camp or be a surprise that forces their way into the discussion…

Defense looking like we’re gonna roll with Jones, Vlasic, KK, Murphy, Martinez, Brodie, and then maybe Kaiser/Phillips??

Goalies are set too.

Looking MUUUUUCH better than what we had last season, night and day.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Really if you take my 21st GF and and we were 27th in GA last year which can’t be worse (no Tinordi/Megna/Rookie Korch, Soderblom) I’d say we could maybe call that 20th ish.

Then you’re at 10th-12th from the bottom. Take a bunch of spots away because we play in a filthy division, then a few more spots because the team is old AF so we’ll be injured and I’d guess we’d be around 6-8th from the bottom

Reactions: Malaka

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I get that. But who is going down. Anderson gets you to 14 I guess. There are only 3 centers tho. Bedard, Nazar, Dickinson.
Unless we are reigniting the Reichel or Kurashev center experiences. Foligno? Donato?

I mean I actually agree with this.

Bedard is your clear 1C.

Nazar is likely your 2C but there is risk there, and having brought in all those vet D, I'm thinking FO is turning back to it's very cautious over marinating early ways. No need to rush Nazar if he shows wear and tear.

I'm hoping he sticks but if he doesn't, who is going to be the 2C? Dickinson is the only option no? Or I guess Kurashev/Reichel/AA which isn't the worse contingency plan now that I write it down.

3C Dickinson.

4C? Only Donato is a somewhat natural center, Foligno, Smith, Maroon and Anderson are wingers.

I think there could be a small chance we see a trade or later signing for a Dickinson type center still.

Let's see. Im a huge Nazar fan and believer, so I'd be more than happy to see him stick as 2C the whole year.

Edit: I forgot to address that we won't be able to carry all 15 forwards either, like you said.

I guess the plan could be to just waive Anderson or Smith if they don't show well in camp? Create competition?

And last, we have a really nice set of D now.

Classic - Jones
Martinez - Brodie
Korchinski - Murphy
Phillips

Would be nice to bring in some Tinordi like garbage bin find so Phillips doesn't have to sit in the box.

Goalies are set as well.

Super nice work by KD and the FO.

Last edited:

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Bertuzzi-Bedard-Kurashev

Hall-Nazar-Teravainen

Reichel-Dickinson-Mikheyev

Maroon-Foligno-AA

(Donato, Joey-A)

That’s about how things are looking at forward right now. I’m really hoping Reichel bounces back after a tough 2023 and earns a permanent role moving forward, lots of talent there and it’s too soon to give up on him. Wonder who else might earn a role in camp or be a surprise that forces their way into the discussion…

Defense looking like we’re gonna roll with Jones, Vlasic, KK, Murphy, Martinez, Brodie, and then maybe Kaiser/Phillips??

Goalies are set too.

Looking MUUUUUCH better than what we had last season, night and day.
Craig Smith will be solid addition . Probably forcing Joey Anderson to Rockford (which is a good thing).Donato sucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad