GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
1. C Macklin Celebrini (6’0”)
-
2. C Will Smith (6’0”)
3. LD Sam Dickinson (6’3”)
-
4. LW Quentin Musty (6’2”)
5. LD Shakir Mukhamadullin (6’4”)
-
6. LW Igor Chernyshov (6’3”)
7. C Filip Bystedt (6’4”)
8. RW Kasper Halttunen (6’4”)
9. C David Edstrom (6’3”)

After this group, there’s a lot of guys who are arguable for #10 (Cagnoni, Wetsch, Sahlin-Walenius, Bordeleau, Gushchin come to mind), but that top-9 groups is just absolute insanity. Ridiculous. This is the stuff dreams are made of.
I see one rounding error... :laugh:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Nice came to see what your top 10 looked like .... pretty impressive group going. I feel like our teams are going to trend back up together should make for some new exciting cores for both franchises.

Still think the goalie pool is a lil sus, woulda liked to see you guys aim at a bigger name goalie this year or last year(as they take more time to develop), but i suppose its pretty easy to find stop gap goalies right now.
Totally, I welcome the days that the Sharks and Ducks are at each other’s throats atop the standings. We’re a couple of years behind y’all in terms of top picks, but Celebrini vs. Carlsson, Smith vs. McTavish, Eklund vs. Zegras, Dickinson vs. Mintyukov will be fun matchups to follow.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
We got Pronman's 1st (Chernyshov), 2nd (Wallenius), and 19th (Wetsch) best players available in day 2. Might get up to an A- when averaged out with the B+ that was the Celebrini/Dickinson picks. Luca Marelli was 13th and along with Gildof and Yegorov in the 4th/5th would have given us the A+ draft as measured by best pick relative to Pronman's rankings.

Chris Peters had Chernyshov at 22, and Wallenius at 34.

I love the team fits, love the competitive/big/good skating, and love that prospect people liked the picks.

Patty Ice

Mighty Luca
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
-
2. C Will Smith (6’0”)
-
-

After this group, there’s a lot of guys who are arguable for #10 (Cagnoni, Wetsch, Sahlin-Walenius, Bordeleau, Gushchin come to mind), but that top-9 groups is just absolute insanity. Ridiculous. This is the stuff dreams are made of.
5/6 years ago Edstrom would easily be our top prospect.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
We got Pronman's 1st (Chernyshov), 2nd (Wallenius), and 19th (Wetsch) best players available in day 2. Might get up to an A- when averaged out with the B+ that was the Celebrini/Dickinson picks. Luca Marelli was 13th and along with Gildof and Yegorov in the 4th/5th would have given us the A+ draft as measured by best pick relative to Pronman's rankings.

Chris Peters had Chernyshov at 22, and Wallenius at 34.

I love the team fits, love the competitive/big/good skating, and love that prospect people liked the picks.
Insane to me that getting Celebrini and Dickinson in the first round equates to a B+ and not an A+

knu

Feb 28, 2012
Fremont CA
-
2. C Will Smith (6’0”)
-
-

Remember when Bords was practically our top prospect?

Reactions: Star Platinum

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It's going to take me a while to update the prospect threads with scouting reports. Some of these sites with rankings and reports are slow as balls to load for me because my laptop is dying. I need to replace it but I also can't afford to replace it this month/for at least a few weeks.

So I'm going to slowly plug away at adding material to each thread as I can while opening a minimum number of tabs and bloated sites.

As of right now I have as many outlets' rankings as I could comfortably/easily find for everyone. That's a start.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
This may be the booze, but we may look back at this draft in 5 years and recognize it as the greatest draft class in any sport ever.
You mean just for the sharks? Yes I agree.
Although Detroit 89 is hard to beat. Lidstrom, Fedorov, konstantinov

2017 Dallas is pretty good too. Oettinger, Robertson, Heiskanen

For the league?

2015 was pretty good and is already giving 2003 a run for its money.

Not sure I see a 2015 level

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
You mean just for the sharks? Yes I agree.
Although Detroit 89 is hard to beat. Lidstrom, Fedorov, konstantinov

2017 Dallas is pretty good too. Oettinger, Robertson, Heiskanen

For the league?

2015 was pretty good and is already giving 2003 a run for its money.

Not sure I see a 2015 level
In all fairness, Konstantinov was like a tenth round pick. We may have thrived if it went beyond 7 rounds as well.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Nice came to see what your top 10 looked like .... pretty impressive group going. I feel like our teams are going to trend back up together should make for some new exciting cores for both franchises.

Still think the goalie pool is a lil sus, woulda liked to see you guys aim at a bigger name goalie this year or last year(as they take more time to develop), but i suppose its pretty easy to find stop gap goalies right now.
In 2 years Hellebuyck will want out of Winnipeg and we pounce!

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Why wait you can have Gibson now free of charge 😈
Hellebuyck has been my favorite goalie since seeing him at the 2015 iihf.

I patiently grabbed him in my keep 5 league(I was rebuilding an inherited worst team in the league and just drafted McDavid)before he was known and suffered through Winnipeg timesharing him with Pavelec and Hutchinson.

Boy has that paid off lol. The man is a workhorse in a league with wins, shots, sv% and GAA.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Our top 10 prospect list looks absolutely insane. For those of us that were here during the Goldobin/Merkley are the future phase, it’s a real healing balm.

Man, I can’t wait to see these picks come to fruition in a couple of years.

Eklund - Celebrini - Musty (someone’s gotta play off their wing)
Chernyshov - Smith - Zetterlund/Haltunnen
Edstrom - Bystedt - Haltunnen/Zetterlund

Dickinson - ??
Muhk - ??
Ferraro - ??

…maaaay need some right D…

Ad

Ad

Ad