GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I'm swamped at work and day 2 has been a tougher follow than day 1

What's the temperature in here? How are we feeling about the draft as a whole?

Round 1 feels like a grand slam, but I don't know how to feel about the rest, please allow me to appeal to "authority"
This is just a knee jerk from the airplane tarmac and what do I know, but I think we got great value at nearly every pick. "WHO???" on our goalie picks but apparently Morehouse said we got our top targets there. So in general I think it's an excellent day 2.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Logan Thompson going to Washington for picks apparently.... Why would Vegas trade their 1b goalie that makes under 800k... bad cap management
Rumor is they might be in on Stamkos.
Logan Thompson was in the middle autograph session at NHL draft when he was traded for nothing... Brutal organization
Got wake up call on trade. Knew before autograph session.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
1. C Macklin Celebrini (6’0”)
-
2. C Will Smith (6’0”)
3. LD Sam Dickinson (6’3”)
-
4. LW Quentin Musty (6’2”)
5. LD Shakir Mukhamadullin (6’4”)
-
6. LW Igor Chernyshov (6’3”)
7. C Filip Bystedt (6’4”)
8. RW Kasper Halttunen (6’4”)
9. C David Edstrom (6’3”)

After this group, there’s a lot of guys who are arguable for #10 (Cagnoni, Wetsch, Sahlin-Walenius, Bordeleau, Gushchin come to mind), but that top-9 groups is just absolute insanity. Ridiculous. This is the stuff dreams are made of.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
-
2. C Will Smith (6’0”)
-
-

After this group, there’s a lot of guys who are arguable for #10 (Cagnoni, Wetsch, Sahlin-Walenius, Bordeleau, Gushchin come to mind), but that top-9 groups is just absolute insanity. Ridiculous. This is the stuff dreams are made of.
Big boy good!

Reactions: Sandisfan

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I'm swamped at work and day 2 has been a tougher follow than day 1

What's the temperature in here? How are we feeling about the draft as a whole?

Round 1 feels like a grand slam, but I don't know how to feel about the rest, please allow me to appeal to "authority"
I'm getting loaded tonight to celebrate and bask in the afterglow.

Wish we had gotten a higher quality RHD somewhere, but Igor Chernyshov being available was impossible to pass up. He was ranked 15-22 in almost every ranking and only the Russian effect pushed him later

Crewouse

Mar 30, 2016
-
2. C Will Smith (6’0”)
-
-

I remember when Leonard, Merkley and Chmelevski were in the top 5. Nightmare fuel

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
-
2. C Will Smith (6’0”)
-
-

So much suffering to get here but its looking beautiful

Reactions: Baysick

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
-
2. C Will Smith (6’0”)
-
-

Nice came to see what your top 10 looked like .... pretty impressive group going. I feel like our teams are going to trend back up together should make for some new exciting cores for both franchises.

Still think the goalie pool is a lil sus, woulda liked to see you guys aim at a bigger name goalie this year or last year(as they take more time to develop), but i suppose its pretty easy to find stop gap goalies right now.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
You should never discount a guy just for being on the smaller side… but having a ton of 6’2”+ guys to insulate our average-sized 1C/2C and small boy in Eklund is freaking awesome. I don’t think anyone would deny that you want bigger dudes all thing fairly equal.
I love that there aren't really any caveats for our big guys. They're big, fast, and most of them have some sort of plus level skill like Haltunnen's shooting or Musty's offensive game.

Ad

Ad

Ad