GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
lmao they truly have no interest in talking Sharks draft picks

Everybody says this, but yeah two commercials and two GM interviews during 8 picks lol. May have also happened on the sharks (kinda random) trade up announcement.

Yay, two goalies with size. The Russian goalie has great numbers. Isn't the MHL famous for terrible D. Is .930 excellent in that league? Nabby likely has some SKA connections.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Ugh, one too many...

Where is Burke? It felt like a very un-Burke draft. Grier/Moorehouse like size, but size that can skate. I'm totally happy with that. Chernyshov looks to be an solid skater, but the rest of the top picks are excellent.

What a weird draft this was. No DW style "trade a 6th away for a 6th next year and a 7th now" trades. no Tim Burke special Gage Ausmus/Cliff Watson/Karlis Cukste "boring, rugged Mass school d-man with no pro expectations"

What are we even doing anymore?

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Playing the long game with the goalie picks. See you guys in 7 years lol

Playing the long game with the goalie picks. See you guys in 7 years lol

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Helluva draft for Team Teal.

giphy.webp

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Oh shit, that's a hell of a name on that #201 Panthers pick.

Gabdrakhmanov
The Drakh are infiltrating the NHL now.

Everybody says this, but yeah two commercials and two GM interviews during 8 picks lol. May have also happened on the sharks (kinda random) trade up announcement.

Yay, two goalies with size. The Russian goalie has great numbers. Isn't the MHL famous for terrible D. Is .930 excellent in that league? Nabby likely has some SKA connections.
I hope he wasn't a Nabakov recommendation.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Can someone post an updated list of our top ten prospects? Would it be:

1. Celebrini
2. Smith
3. Dickinson
4. Musty
5. Shakir
6. Halttunen
7. Edstrom
8. Bysted
9. Cagnoli
10. Chernyshov
I would guess that Chernyshov comes in with the Halttunen/Edstrom/Bystedt tier. He held his own in the KHL this year. If he has a good year he could be in the Musty tier. But yes, if Macklin signs, I think Dickinson is our top prospect.

Cagnoni is probably around where Pohlkamp is. Very different styles, but Pohlkamp had a great D+1 in his own right. DU next year could be super exciting for him/us.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I'm swamped at work and day 2 has been a tougher follow than day 1

What's the temperature in here? How are we feeling about the draft as a whole?

Round 1 feels like a grand slam, but I don't know how to feel about the rest, please allow me to appeal to "authority"

Ad

Ad

Ad