GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
We don't know how good the forward is at 5. We don't know how good Hutson is. We don't know how good another player taken instead at 5 is. That's the whole point!

Pick who you think is going to be the best player available in the draft. Don't pick Kotkaniemi or Galchenyuk or even Poehling because you need a C.

If you think Demidov is going to be the best player at 5, then absolutely take him. It looks like that's what going to happen anyways and based on the rumours of picks 1-4, its what I hope they do. But don't take him because you need a forward. Because what you need now and what you need in 2025-2026 or 2026-2027 could be entirely different.
I know how good Hutson is. He already did what Buium did, but twice.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I know how good Hutson is. He already did what Buium did, but twice.

Buium also did it at a younger age and has a bigger frame. He's already pretty much as good as Hutson and he just turned 18 in December.

And if Hutson is as good as Buium, who appears to be the Ducks choice at 3, then imagine what he could get in a trade.

Reactions: HabzSauce

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I haven't been able to since day 1.

And yet there's STILL a small chance... it's wild.

What I hate most about us HFhabs tho,
The pick could BE Demidov, and everyone should be celebrating together..

..but we won't lol. Sigh
I’m coming around now. CHI and ANA could very well go D and LIdstrom going before Demidov isn’t THAT crazy.

I actually think the Vegas odds COULD be credible

Reactions: Redux91

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Buium also did it at a younger age and has a bigger frame. He's already pretty much as good as Hutson and he just turned 18 in December.

And if Hutson is as good as Buium, who appears to be the Ducks choice at 3, then imagine what he could get in a trade.
Bigger seems to be irrelevant for this type of player. I just think it’s a poor way to build a team. And for an organization that has a total of four 70+ point players since the 1990s, it’s time to take a forward with upside.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Stop quoting betting odds as though they are relevant....honestly it is the Hawk Tuah fad of this board right now and it is beyond annoying as only a remote semblance of rational thought would cause anyone to entirely dismiss these odds that are entirely created by fans and where they are placing their money.

Betting odds are extremely relevant, this isn't 1980.

There are people with inside information dramatically moving the lines to this degree(Buium) with large money plays, this isn't a few drunk dudes throwing blind money around for fun.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Getting worried that Chicago could still take Demidov at 2. That would mean both Demidov and Buium would be gone by 5. Terrible.

Scott Powers said the Hawks could still take Demidov at 2.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Betting odds are extremely relevant, this isn't 1980.

There are people with inside information dramatically moving the lines to this degree(Buium) with large money plays, this isn't a few drunk dudes throwing blind money around for fun.
Yeah it’s naïve to think it’s just betting shifts when the draft is in Vegas of all places.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
what's it saying for us bi-lingually challenged?

He's saying the interview with Demidov went really well, and that interview questions were as much about his personality as the type of player he was and what he could become. Demidov is Montreal's choice.

Sasha Boisvert also apparently interviewed extremely well at the combine and played a season with Hughes son. Serge Boisvert attended 2 training sessions of Sasha's in Trois-Rivières over the last couple of weeks.

Lindstrom is expected to go before pick #5 and his medical reports were fine. No worries.

Beckett Sennecke in the top 5 is a realistic thing, as is Silayev. Teams are still deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad