GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
We have 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 3 3rds and 2 4ths in next years draft. We can do whatever we want.

giphy.gif

literally kent hughes over the next two years

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I used to agree with this line of thinking, but I've changed my mind and I'll tell you why.

We have an embarrassment of riches at defense, and unless we have some plan to get them all the playing time they deserve, their development and value is going to stagnate and decline. 1 for 1 positional moves do happen, but if our prospects don't have the chance to reach their potential or show their value, we aren't going to get good value by making those moves.

Until those "riches" actually show in the NHL, that's all speculation. The one thing Montreal needs is elite talent.

Okay great. Looking forward to having Buium and having to give Hutson 2nd unit PP time - total of 30 seconds per PP with Roy and Mesar and having to give him 60% defensive zone starts. Really taking advantage of his strengths here.

Trades are a thing.

Reactions: HabzSauce

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
John 11:11-17 These things He said, and after that He said to them, “Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up.” Then His disciples said, “Lord, if he sleeps he will get well.” However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking rest in sleep.
Oh that’s good, that’s really good
:laugh:

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
How are those betting odds established again?
From my understanding, the payout decreases the more people bet on a given option.
So if everyone in QC is betting Demidov at 5, the odds would go into negative without necessarily having a better chance at happening IRL (though other reports point that way).
Or am I mistaken in the bet inner workings?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Trade him for a forward that is not half as good as the one we can take at 5?

We don't know how good the forward is at 5. We don't know how good Hutson is. We don't know how good another player taken instead at 5 is. We don't know how good a piece you could get for Hutson.

Pick who you think is going to be the best player available in the draft. Don't pick Kotkaniemi or Galchenyuk or even Poehling because you need a C.

If you think Demidov is going to be the best player at 5, then absolutely take him. It looks like that's what going to happen anyways and based on the rumours of picks 1-4, its what I hope they do. But don't take him because you need a forward. Because what you need now and what you need in 2025-2026 or 2026-2027 could be entirely different.

Reactions: BLONG7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay