GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
As I mentioned earlier. I've been doing a good deed each day for the past week, to appease the hockey gods.

Today I was out shopping and I noticed that a woman dropped a can of corn from her shopping cart. Seeing my opportunity, I raced over and began to bend down to pick it up. Focusing on the can, I didn't notice a young man coming from the opposite direction. I got to the can a split second before the young man. In the process, I hammered the poor bastard. Driving him across the floor, and into a display case. I jumped up and as I handed the can to the woman. I noticed a horrified look on her face. I turned around and the young man was still on the ground, holding his head. Surrounded by a bunch of people.

I'm a little twisted, so obviously I laughed. Then I went over to see if the young man was alright. Once I found out he was okay, I helped him up. Feeling bad at this point, I offered to pay for the young mans groceries. The poor guy didn't have much. So I took him around and told him to pick out whatever he wanted, that it was on me. He looked at me and had tears in his eyes. I thought to myself "Oh great, I gave the guy a concussion".

I asked him again if he was alright. That's when he told me that his wife had just had a baby. That things were really tight, so these extra groceries would be a great help. Now I had tears in my eyes. Totally forgetting about my own groceries, we proceeded to the check out. I paid for the groceries and we headed outside.

Just as we got outside, his wife showed up in an old beater car. The car was making screeching noises. Which was pretty obvious to me that the car needed a brake job immediately.

I told the young man that it definitely wasn't safe for anyone to be driving that car. Especially with a new born in the back seat. So I had the young couple follow me to my mechanic's shop. I had them drop off their car, telling my mechanic to do a full inspection. Replacing anything that needed replaced and to bill me.

On the way to their place, the young couple was crying. They were so grateful and kept telling me that they would pay me back. I told them that wasn't necessary. I dropped them off and let them know that if they needed a ride somewhere while their car was being fixed, to give me a call. That I would also pick them up when their car was ready.

Wow, sorry that was long. Hopefully I've done enough good deeds so that the Hockey gods see fit for us to draft Demidov. 🙏
which copy pasta is this?!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
So BPA doesn't matter anymore?

Cause I swear that's what I constantly read about.

Also as far as I know, Hutson was a 2nd round pick, Buium is going top 5.

Clearly the scouting community thinks they're on a different level.
Hutson fell because he was 5’7. He is easily going Top 10 in the draft if he was 6’0

And BPA would still be adhered to. There’s like 8 guys in contention for spots 2-5. So why wouldn’t you go with the need if they are similar in ability.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I don't buy that argument at all. You draft who you think is going to be the best player. There is always uncertainty, so you go with need at an absolute tie-breaker, but when you're picking in the top-5 it shouldn't come into the discussion unless you're deciding between two or 3 guys.

If you think Buium is the best prospect available, you take him. If you think Demidov is the best prospect available, you take him. If you think its a coin flip, then need (Demidov) breaks the tie.

We've seen Montreal mess up at the draft in part because they needed D or a Center or size enough times to know that fit is a bad reason take a player.
I used to agree with this line of thinking, but I've changed my mind and I'll tell you why.

We have an embarrassment of riches at defense, and unless we have some plan to get them all the playing time they deserve, their development and value is going to stagnate and decline. 1 for 1 positional moves do happen, but if our prospects don't have the chance to reach their potential or show their value, we aren't going to get good value by making those moves.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't buy that argument at all. You draft who you think is going to be the best player. There is always uncertainty, so you go with need at an absolute tie-breaker, but when you're picking in the top-5 it shouldn't come into the discussion unless you're deciding between two or 3 guys.

If you think Buium is the best prospect available, you take him. If you think Demidov is the best prospect available, you take him. If you think its a coin flip, then need (Demidov) breaks the tie.

We've seen Montreal mess up at the draft in part because they needed D or a Center or size enough times to know that fit is a bad reason take a player.
Okay great. Looking forward to having Buium and having to give Hutson 2nd unit PP time - total of 30 seconds per PP with Roy and Mesar and having to give him 60% defensive zone starts. Really taking advantage of his strengths here.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
As I mentioned earlier. I've been doing a good deed each day for the past week, to appease the hockey gods.

Today I was out shopping and I noticed that a woman dropped a can of corn from her shopping cart. Seeing my opportunity, I raced over and began to bend down to pick it up. Focusing on the can, I didn't notice a young man coming from the opposite direction. I got to the can a split second before the young man. In the process, I hammered the poor bastard. Driving him across the floor, and into a display case. I jumped up and as I handed the can to the woman. I noticed a horrified look on her face. I turned around and the young man was still on the ground, holding his head. Surrounded by a bunch of people.

I'm a little twisted, so obviously I laughed. Then I went over to see if the young man was alright. Once I found out he was okay, I helped him up. Feeling bad at this point, I offered to pay for the young mans groceries. The poor guy didn't have much. So I took him around and told him to pick out whatever he wanted, that it was on me. He looked at me and had tears in his eyes. I thought to myself "Oh great, I gave the guy a concussion".

I asked him again if he was alright. That's when he told me that his wife had just had a baby. That things were really tight, so these extra groceries would be a great help. Now I had tears in my eyes. Totally forgetting about my own groceries, we proceeded to the check out. I paid for the groceries and we headed outside.

Just as we got outside, his wife showed up in an old beater car. The car was making screeching noises. Which was pretty obvious to me that the car needed a brake job immediately.

I told the young man that it definitely wasn't safe for anyone to be driving that car. Especially with a new born in the back seat. So I had the young couple follow me to my mechanic's shop. I had them drop off their car, telling my mechanic to do a full inspection. Replacing anything that needed replaced and to bill me.

On the way to their place, the young couple was crying. They were so grateful and kept telling me that they would pay me back. I told them that wasn't necessary. I dropped them off and let them know that if they needed a ride somewhere while their car was being fixed, to give me a call. That I would also pick them up when their car was ready.

Wow, sorry that was long. Hopefully I've done enough good deeds so that the Hockey gods see fit for us to draft Demidov. 🙏
Wow! I was waiting for the punchline knowing you, but also knowing you, this checks out too.

I only know you through here mind you, lol.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017

New copypasta

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay