GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
That was my early season preference. The back does scare me though. I will be honest. He just fits what i prefer stylistically. A team that is big, fast and plays heavy

The only guy i really am scared to take is Helenius and that just is my lack confidence in Finland producing high end forwards.
We’re not talking Helenius, or Catton . . .

Reactions: themilosh

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Trevor Timmins says we would have selected John Carlson had Bob Gainey not traded our pick for Alex Tanguay at the 2008 Draft.

I was at that draft, I remember being so f***ing mad we made that trade. :laugh:

I also remember the speculation surrounding Mats Sundin.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Would you guys trade that pick for that package or aim alot higher ? Quality >>> quantity and if im holding a high top 10 pick in a good draft Matheson is not the defender im looking at not even close lots of teams would offer alot better and adding a late first and Barron who still cant crack a bottom 5 team wont help

Habs need quality right now. They're at a stage where they only need two more top 6 forwards. There's a very good chance they get that at 5. They probably trade or sign the other one. But if they got a chance to draft another core piece, it would go a long way

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
That's not good, the vibe out of this vid is they're going Demidov... Super detailed answers about him, vague ones about Lindstrom... says the injury is a concern.

At least it means Lindstorm is available to us.
I've watched the video for like 45 seconds, and the vibe feels like Sennecke.

• Wow
Reactions: dinodebino

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
You jabronies really need to keep your pants on with Demidov, this is getting ridiculous. There are plenty of good candidates at #5, putting all your hopes and dreams on just one player is setting yourself up for major disappointment in the end. We're going to end up with a good prospect on our hands, no matter what happens, don't sweat too much about it :thumbu:

We all know this is the HF way.

Create a full on fantasy where some posters are even imagining themselves donning the CH and playing with their new draft pick. They used to make imaginary passes to Zarina and Michkov, now they're receiving passes from Demidov.

And if it doesn't work exactly like they hoped, all hell will be let loose in this forum.

Personally, I'll be enjoying my front seat view at the freak show if it happens tomorrow.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Trevor Timmins says we would have selected John Carlson had Bob Gainey not traded our pick for Alex Tanguay at the 2008 Draft.

I was at that draft, I remember being so f***ing mad we made that trade. :laugh:

That’s Chest-Bras’ ammo. He said that for every pick he made that flopped.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

Tanguay was one of the softest Habs I’ve ever seen, and that’s saying a lot. So many secondary assists too, he drove nothing.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Tanguay was one of the softest Habs I’ve ever seen, and that’s saying a lot. So many secondary assists too, he drove nothing.

Yes, Alex Tanguay was easily the softest Hab I’ve ever watched. Mike Cammalleri is up there as well - he would literally skate away from the puck near the boards to avoid contact - but at least he was impactful offensively and had some big moments. Tanguay was useless here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad